MDR attire for first night

CAMAM

I think I know the answer to this but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.  For the first night in the MDR on the Allure, are shorts allowed in the dining room?  I know my 16 and 18 year old sons and husband would rather not have to change that first night.  We are late seating so I know we'll have our luggage but would hate to have to pack another set of clothes just for that first night.  Thanks!  

On 3/23/2019 at 4:30 PM, CAMAM said:

I think I know the answer to this but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.  For the first night in the MDR on the Allure, are shorts allowed in the dining room?  I know my 16 and 18 year old sons and husband would rather not have to change that first night.  We are late seating so I know we'll have our luggage but would hate to have to pack another set of clothes just for that first night.  Thanks!  

No problem whatsoever, to be honest even on formal nights I’ve seen some in shorts and polo/t-shirts in MDR.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Allure July 28 and me and my 2 sons (18 and 15) will be in shorts.  My wife will probably change.  As long as they are long shorts it will be fine.  They will say something if you have a swim suit or short shorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of teenagers, we are on Allure on July 21st, and as first-time cruisers, we are trying to get a reality check on the dress code.  Could my boys (18 & 16) wear khaki pants in the MDR and black sneakers with a polo shirt?  And... not to be "that guy", (please keep me in check), but could they also "get away" with said khaki pants, black sneakers and a button down collared shirt on Formal Night?  Or are we best picking the Windjammer or a specialty restaurant those nights?  Thanks in advance for any help.

7 hours ago, Coinich said:

Speaking of teenagers, we are on Allure on July 21st, and as first-time cruisers, we are trying to get a reality check on the dress code.  Could my boys (18 & 16) wear khaki pants in the MDR and black sneakers with a polo shirt?  And... not to be "that guy", (please keep me in check), but could they also "get away" with said khaki pants, black sneakers and a button down collared shirt on Formal Night?  Or are we best picking the Windjammer or a specialty restaurant those nights?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, that would be fine.  They will dressed better then some adults that are completely ignoring the dress code.

For formal night we usually ask my 13 year old to wear a navy blazer along with the khaki pants and button down collared shirt.  Sometimes I'll ask him to also put on a tie, and we usually have a pair of somewhat casual black loafers that fit him.  But that is mostly since I try to take advantage of the cruise to get a family photo done on formal night. 

If we are running late or have gotten a good photo the first formal night, he often skips the tie.  And if it turns out he grew out of his blazer, we just skip that for this cruise.  Same thing with the shoes -- he also generally wears all-black sneakers, so that works fine too.

I wouldn't stress about it too much.

There will be some kid in the room wearing flip flops, a t-shirt, and basketball shorts on formal night.

• 2 weeks later...