Are there irons in the room?

9 hours ago, twangster said:

No.  Forbidden item due to fire hazards.  

Most people use wrinkle release spray or send items to the ship laundry services and pay for pressing.  

Personally I use Downy wrinkle release.

There are also many sites which teach you how to create such liquid , which is very easy.

In the worse case scenario, there is always possibility to  hang the shirt in the shower , open the hot water and let the steam do it works , its not very ecological , but works. I wish RC would have iron room on every deck.

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

There are also many sites which teach you how to create such liquid , which is very easy.

In the worse case scenario, there is always possibility to  hang the shirt in the shower , open the hot water and let the steam do it works , its not very ecological , but works. I wish RC would have iron room on every deck.

Maybe on Oasis 6 we can get them to install those steaming cabinets that you can fit between a washer and dryer at home. Always seems like such a waste of water to steam the wrinkles out on a ship where water is limited, but as I tell my wife “they forced us to do this” 

3 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Maybe on Oasis 6 we can get them to install those steaming cabinets that you can fit between a washer and dryer at home. Always seems like such a waste of water to steam the wrinkles out on a ship where water is limited, but as I tell my wife “they forced us to do this” 

Royal is not about to add self service laundry or steaming, IMO.  

I hear you on the water consumption and agree.  

The flip side is that pressing services are not unreasonable.  $7 for a shirt and long pants.  A dress is $6.50.   

Laundry Anthem.jpeg

I guess their theory is... you are on vacation.  Who wants to do laundry type things on vacation? 

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

The flip side is that pressing services are not unreasonable.  $7 for a shirt and long pants.  A dress is $6.50.   

Laundry Anthem.jpeg

I guess their theory is... you are on vacation.  Who wants to do laundry type things on vacation? 

Other times when we’ve used the laundry services items come back damaged. They seem to wash everything on the “as hot as the surface of the sun” setting. I’m not looking to do laundry on vacation, but getting the wrinkles out of a suit before heading to get the countless number of pictures taken each night would be nice. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

Other times when we’ve used the laundry services items come back damaged. They seem to wash everything on the “as hot as the surface of the sun” setting. I’m not looking to do laundry on vacation, but getting the wrinkles out of a suit before heading to get the countless number of pictures taken each night would be nice. 

The cram-a bag laundry bags are different from simple pressing.  You can get your clothes pressed only, no washing involved.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Laundry Anthem.jpeg

For me its not about the money but about the time. if  I want to use the iron service I need to plan it at least one day before , sometime you fetch something that you think is ironed (even a T shirt) just to find out it has some wrinkles , I do not want to wait a day until I can wear it ... 

Actually I do not mind to pay for such steamer machine or even Iron room with a timer .

On 3/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, twangster said:

No.  Forbidden item due to fire hazards.  

Most people use wrinkle release spray or send items to the ship laundry services and pay for pressing.  

Personally I use Downy wrinkle release.

How well does it work?  I have read/watched cruise tips here and there telling me they steam their clothes in the shower to get the wrinkles out.  I don't feel that is a solid way to do it either.  Id rather not pay the ship fees, but will if I have to so my shirts are not all jacked up.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, Andrew72681 said:

Awesome chart, just passes it on to my wife.  We were discussing the cost of this two days ago.  We both thought it was more.  I think the prices are steep, but we are on a cruise ship.  Its not the local dry cleaners back home ?

• 9 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 4:36 AM, Andrew72681 said:

Two formal nights on an upcoming cruise with RC.  Their "it's a fire hazard" doesn't wash when it comes to irons in the room. Every hotel has one available so what is the difference. Yet another way they can fiddle with your wallet. Not impressed at all, and, yes, laundry services invariably trash your clothes.

10 minutes ago, David W said:

Two formal nights on an upcoming cruise with RC.  Their "it's a fire hazard" doesn't wash when it comes to irons in the room. Every hotel has one available so what is the difference. Yet another way they can fiddle with your wallet. Not impressed at all, and, yes, laundry services invariably trash your clothes.

I do not think that it is a matter of them trying to get more money- its a safety thing. If a fire breaks out at a hotel, you can evacuate and fire department can reach you... not so much if you are out in the middle of the ocean.

11 hours ago, JG1209 said:

I do not think that it is a matter of them trying to get more money- its a safety thing. If a fire breaks out at a hotel, you can evacuate and fire department can reach you... not so much if you are out in the middle of the ocean.

In my opinion it is a money thing, Almost all other cruise lines have laundry rooms.

19 hours ago, David W said:

Fire hazards on ships are serious business.  Being surrounded by water doesn't mean the ship can't burn and sink.

You also can't bring a surge protector on board because it creates a fire hazard.  Electrical grounding works different on a ship so surge protectors can do WAY more harm than good.

Perhaps you should rethink your formal outfits.  There's plenty of good looking clothes that don't need to be ironed.