How much does a soda cost if you pay as you go?

11 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

$4.18... Its absolutely worth getting the package if you plan to have 2 sodas a day

2 per day it's worth paying as you go ($8.36) as the daily package cost is $11.79. At 3 per day ($12.54) you come out ahead by purchasing the package.

Main reason for the package at less than 3 per day would be the convenience of being able to use the freestyle machines on those ships that have them.

2 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

2 per day it's worth paying as you go ($8.36) as the daily package cost is $11.79. At 3 per day ($12.54) you come out ahead by purchasing the package.

Main reason for the package at less than 3 per day would be the convenience of being able to use the freestyle machines on those ships that have them.

the package during a cruise planner sale is $9.99.. For me 2 a day made it worth it. 

On 3/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, melski94 said:

It was $3.84 on Adventure last week.  Soda plan per day onboard is $12.99 +18%. 

If you're going to add the 18% to one, then make sure to add the 18% to both!

(Or perhaps the soda was really $3.25 and you did already add the 18% to get to  $3.84?)

Hi,

First post here. Was wondering..... if you have soda package and get soda from bar, not Freestyle machine, do you get the can with a glass of ice or just an ice filled cup of soda? If I gave bartender my Freestyle cup would I get fountain soda in my cup? I’ve never had the Freestyle machines run out on me yet, but wanted to know what to expect just in case.

Thanks !

1 hour ago, Adpcruise1 said:

Hi,

First post here. Was wondering..... if you have soda package and get soda from bar, not Freestyle machine, do you get the can with a glass of ice or just an ice filled cup of soda? If I gave bartender my Freestyle cup would I get fountain soda in my cup? I’ve never had the Freestyle machines run out on me yet, but wanted to know what to expect just in case.

Thanks !

What a great question !  I am a big time Coke snob...and I have the answer !!  LOL

If you have the refreshment or soda package, you are technically only entitled to "fountain" drinks.  If you have Deluxe Drinks Package, you are entitled to EITHER fountain drinks or canned drinks.  This is one reason why we always get the DDP.  I cannot stand fountain Cokes.

In the past, before they started including canned Cokes in the DDP, I often requested canned Cokes even though they were not obliged to give me one.  So sometimes I think they will give you a can if you ask for one.  If they decline to give you a can I really don't think you have any recourse..but it never hurts to ask....and give them a $1 tip.  ?

Welcome to the Boards, BTW !

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What a great question !  I am a big time Coke snob...and I have the answer !!  LOL

If you have the refreshment or soda package, you are technically only entitled to "fountain" drinks.  If you have Deluxe Drinks Package, you are entitled to EITHER fountain drinks or canned drinks.  This is one reason why we always get the DDP.  I cannot stand fountain Cokes.

In the past, before they started including canned Cokes in the DDP, I often requested canned Cokes even though they were not obliged to give me one.  So sometimes I think they will give you a can if you ask for one.  If they decline to give you a can I really don't think you have any recourse..but it never hurts to ask....and give them a $1 tip.  ?

Welcome to the Boards, BTW !

Thanks I so much for answering and the welcome. I don’t drink more than a couple alcoholic beverages a cruise. I prefer the rolls with butter, so only soda plan for me. ?

Knock on wood that the Freestyle machine doesn’t fail me. I love the caffeine free combos it provides. And I know I can bring on a12 pk of soda , but I think hubby is bringing some drinks for himself. 

Something else I've started to notice as well. Been seeing a swing on some ships from using a soda gun to using 2 liter bottles.

On the Mariner GC more often than not Sprite, Coke, and Diet Coke were out of 2 liter bottles. Tonic and soda water were from 12 oz cans.

3 minutes ago, 12thman said:

If you have just a refreshment package you don't get canned non-alcoholic drinks? Thought the only drinks you couldn't get were alcohol drinks?

The refreshment package includes non-alcoholic drinks.  If you ask for a soda at the bar, you will get it in whatever format that bar has.  Some of them use canned soda, some have 2 liters and some have the soda guns.  They default to pouring the soda into a glass of ice over giving you full cans.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The refreshment package includes non-alcoholic drinks.  If you ask for a soda at the bar, you will get it in whatever format that bar has.  Some of them use canned soda, some have 2 liters and some have the soda guns.  They default to pouring the soda into a glass of ice over giving you full cans.

What if I want fresh squeezed juice or bottled juice? Where can I get that from?

Just now, 12thman said:

Thank you! What if I want fresh squeezed juice or bottled juice? Where do I get that?

I have only seen fresh squeezed juice available in the Windjammer and dining room and only during breakfast. 

Bottled juice is just going to be the typical juices that are available as mixers at the bars.

2 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Thanks again @AshleyDillo!!

No problem..don't know what ship you are on but if you have the refreshment package make sure to take advantage of non-alcoholic versions of the frozen drinks, smoothies (for ships that offer them), and specialty coffee drinks and grabbing bottled water.

Here's a good post about what all is included that you may not have thought about:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/04/16/depth-look-royal-caribbeans-royal-refreshment-drink-package

On 3/28/2019 at 11:02 AM, CGTLH said:

Something else I've started to notice as well. Been seeing a swing on some ships from using a soda gun to using 2 liter bottles.

On the Mariner GC more often than not Sprite, Coke, and Diet Coke were out of 2 liter bottles. Tonic and soda water were from 12 oz cans.

I just was on Mariner this week and noticed this too so I asked the bartenders about this.. Apparently the soda guns on Mariner are broken lol so they have no choice but to use the 2 liters

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

They need a new gun vendor!

the part that is annoying for me is the 2 liter bottles were always warm. Even though they would put ice it still was not good because the warm soda would melt the ice so fast it made the soda watery so yeah I wish they would fix this problem. 

1 minute ago, AGSLC5 said:

the part that is annoying for me is the 2 liter bottles were always warm. Even though they would put ice it still was not good because the warm soda would melt the ice so fast it made the soda watery so yeah I wish they would fix this problem. 

They seemed to be working fine when I was on Mariner in early Feb - that really would be annoying :(

Just now, SpeedNoodles said:

They seemed to be working fine when I was on Mariner in early Feb - that really would be annoying ?

maybe you missed it.. I was on Feb 8, Feb 22, and then this past week.. all these times they haven't worked..