Dog Has Accident

So I was just coming up to the Solarium on Anthem of the Seas, and on the ride up I came across an older man and canine. While a family left the elevator , this dog peed on the lil girl as the man stepped into the elevator, I told the man this, to no reply. Gentleman got off a floor or two later, and I went back down to check. Upon arrival the father was talking to a crew member and explained his anger at the incident and how it was even possible to get a dog aboard. All in all, I recorded the convo and it got pretty heated, the father was very angry as this is the last night of the cruise. Pretty upset with this gentleman who didn’t respond, I hope he’s banned from the line as I personally told him about it and tried to stop him, shame on people.

I have seen small "potty" greens for dogs on cruise ships, most likely for service dogs.  The problem is that people often claim they have a service dog when it's not really a service dog. A trained service dog would NEVER do that. It's people like this who make it very difficult for those who depend on their well-trained, well-behaved service dogs to take them into public. Emotional Support dogs are NOT service dogs.

These types of incidents are exactly what set a trained service animal apart from a supposed 'support' animal.  It's why many airlines are tightening rules for 'support' animals but it also makes it hard on people who truly rely on service animals as they get painted with the same brush.

Just now, Oliver said:

People are rude and thoughtless sometimes whether you travel on a cruise, stay at a hotel, or eat at a restaurant. Just pity them and try to be a better person. 

True, hopefully he’ll be taught a lesson and refused his animal next cruise, due to poor training, care taking too. I hear royal Caribbean has phased out animals onboard if for emotional support

1 minute ago, twangster said:

These types of incidents are exactly what set a trained service animal apart from a supposed 'support' animal.  It's why many airlines are tightening rules for 'support' animals but it also makes it hard on people who truly rely on service animals as they get painted with the same brush.

It’s a sad world, but hopefully this incident better outlines him as a poor enforcer of rules, if I see him I will give quite the look of shame for him. 

I have a relative with a trained service dog (he's a diabetic alert dog) and one who has one who alerts for seizures.  They have all kinds of problems due to those who have fake "certificates" and fake service vests (real SDs do not have these things - it's not actually a thing).

9 minutes ago, Titanicrul said:

True, hopefully he’ll be taught a lesson and refused his animal next cruise, due to poor training, care taking too. I hear royal Caribbean has phased out animals onboard if for emotional support

The challenge is that any company is limited in what questions or support documentation it can ask with respect to disabilities, by law.  People who seek to scam and cheat know this.  

A perfectly healthy person can ask an airline for a wheelchair assist just to board early.  The airline has limited means to seek proof of need.  Some people truly need a wheel chair.  Some cheaters lie and cheat just to bypass the lines.  

One can only trust that on their day of judgement it will be dealt with, and that karma can be a b*tch and they will get theirs in due time.  

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I have seen small "potty" greens for dogs on cruise ships, most likely for service dogs.  The problem is that people often claim they have a service dog when it's not really a service dog. A trained service dog would NEVER do that. It's people like this who make it very difficult for those who depend on their well-trained, well-behaved service dogs to take them into public. Emotional Support dogs are NOT service dogs.

You are right! It is funny that we have just been having a similar discussion on my professional listserv because we are so often getting patients wanting us to sign off on them using an emotional support animals. That category is more for housing restrictions and sometimes transportation, but has nothing to do with the criteria for assistance animals (specially trained to guide, detect medical conditions, and perform other critical functions). I love my pets and don’t like to leave them, but that is far different than it being a medical necessity that they be with me at all times. I had recently written a guide for my patients on the topic to reduce some of the useless discussions on the matter. Many organizations are now placing tighter restrictions on the animals that are allowed in/on (including RCL) since so many people have ended up with fake internet certifications. One thing many don’t consider is that as much as many of us adore our fur children, there are also quite a number of people who have fear related to animals and their presence in public places can sometimes be an “emotional” hindrance to them.

@twangster  I too often find myself hoping that karma will be a royal b*tch!

It amaze me that people with real service dogs need to suffer due to that. 

Service dogs (for any reason) are trained to be around people and crowded places , they will almost never have accidents (well even people can have accidents) , to train them its cost thousands of dollars and there are certify training facilities for that. It a shame that there is not any way to give official certificates to real services dogs so RC will be able to allow them on board and not the other dogs. I love dogs, most of my live I had a dog , I just think a ship is a bad place for them if they are not real service gods .Train service dogs will never bother anyone and they highly contribute to their owner ability to leave normal live.  

At my work office there is a service animal for a ex-Military person connected with a PTSD issue. The dog is very well behaved to the point that you really don't notice the animal at all. A very well trained dog that never interacts with her people but is around people all day long.  We had lawyers come and talk to us before the dog was brought up and we were told not to interact with the dog. It was more for the comfort of the service-member who wouldn't want to talk about their service related injuries. They told us to no pay attention to the dog and just go about our normal duties. It's hard for me because I am such a dog lover and the dog is really cute.

When you hear about these kinds of events you know the dog is not a service animal and is not trained; it is just a pet that someone is trying to pass off as a service animal. And, that person is already a very selfish person just by their actions so that he didn't respond to a dressing-down is of no surprise.

Oasis in November, lady very over weight in a powerchair which was extremely big, she a had a very small dog on her lap, while in the schooner bar she lowered the dog by its lead to the floor where the dog did it’s business she then pulled the dog back by the lead chocking the dog and drove away not even informing crew, people were discussed and some actually confronted her, she started to rant and rave how she had a disability and the crew are there to tend to her every need and should clean it up. ? we live in a world where people pretend to be something to get extras and real people miss out..

8 hours ago, Tim B. said:

. They told us to no pay attention to the dog and just go about our normal duties. It's hard for me because I am such a dog lover and the dog is really cute

I have a hard time with that too, not touching them... I often say that I will likely die trying to stop someone from being neglectful or mean to a furry thing OR touching a furry thing that didn’t want to be touched ?  We all are going somehow, right?!?

7 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I have a hard time with that too, not touching them... I often say that I will likely die trying to stop someone from being neglectful or mean to a furry thing OR touching a furry thing that didn’t want to be touched ?  We all are going somehow, right?!?

You may be my long lost twin, lol.

28 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I love dogs....but....if someone's 'support animal' peed on my or any member of my family the animal would be in need of a vet since I would have punted it while it was defecating.  And if I was in the right place....I would have scored a goal with it on the owners face.

I would rather you punt the human and leave the dog alone. The dog shouldn't have be there in the first place.

After reading this account over at that “other place” I realized that this is the same fella that was on the Anthem the 2 weeks that we did our B2B.

He pulled that dog around in a little wagon.  We saw them everywhere on the ship.  We saw them in Sorrentos and in the Coastal Kitchen, so he wasn’t concerned at all about taking the dog into a food service area.  He was a grump, too.  Apparently he’s a Pineapple.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

??

4 hours ago, Tim B. said:

I would rather you punt the human and leave the dog alone. The dog shouldn't have be there in the first place.

AMEN. Just reading someone say they would kick an animal raises my blood pressure rather high and I do hope that it was just a really distasteful joke. The human is at fault, you can’t blame an animal for being an animal or for holding it as long as it could.  That’s no better than to say you would throw a baby across the room because it wet it’s diaper. ?

So before the bp goes higher I will just post some lovely furbabies ? I have had both dogs and cats (hamsters, etc.) in my life. But 3 years ago we lost our 16 and 17-year-old dogs within five days of one another from old age (that was a bad f-g week), so after 2 1/2 years when I still couldn’t bring myself to get another dog we rescued these sweet kitties - this is Mya and Molly ?

@Tim B.and @SpeedNoodles  Lovely furkids! ❤️

440DE2D0-3324-40D5-A1F2-D1271EBAB8AA.jpeg

59B27CF4-AB7D-41E5-A946-60E6983E60BF.jpeg

14 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

AMEN. Just reading someone say they would kick an animal raises my blood pressure rather high and I do hope that it was just a really distasteful joke. The human is at fault, you can’t blame an animal for being an animal or for holding it as long as it could.  That’s no better than to say you would throw a baby across the room because it wet it’s diaper. ?

So before the bp goes higher I will just post some lovely furbabies ? I have had both dogs and cats (hamsters, etc.) in my life. But 3 years ago we lost our 16 and 17-year-old dogs within five days of one another from old age (that was a bad f-g week), so after 2 1/2 years when I still couldn’t bring myself to get another dog we rescued these sweet kitties - this is Mya and Molly ?

@Tim B.and @SpeedNoodles  Lovely furkids! ❤️

440DE2D0-3324-40D5-A1F2-D1271EBAB8AA.jpeg

59B27CF4-AB7D-41E5-A946-60E6983E60BF.jpeg

They are beautiful!

4 hours ago, mworkman said:

@2Beeze @melmar02 @SpeedNoodles Since we know what a pineapple party is, i'm affraid to ask what a plumb party could amount too...I'm going to go our here on a limb and guess......never mind ?

Oooooooh! You are very bad, very bad! Naughty! And worse than that the pictures now in my head... ???????

2C5F8879-E5C9-41F2-8732-B3F15A48FAD0.gif

On 3/22/2019 at 8:17 PM, Titanicrul said:

It’s a sad world, but hopefully this incident better outlines him as a poor enforcer of rules, if I see him I will give quite the look of shame for him. 

The particular individual you spoke of is a well known Pinnacle member that has been sailing on Anthem non-stop going on 3 months now. Unfortunately, despite many complaints, the on board staff has done nothing. 

18 hours ago, voltanton said:

The particular individual you spoke of is a well known Pinnacle member that has been sailing on Anthem non-stop going on 3 months now. Unfortunately, despite many complaints, the on board staff has done nothing. 

Wonder if the staff would "do nothing" should another passenger grab the dog from the "gentleman" and whisk it away. Straight to the Captain's quarters might be a good choice.