Predict the Broadway show for Harmony of the Seas

Matt

All of the above suggestions would be nice (all great musicals)... Jersey Boys would be nice too... probably an easier production to put together too (simple set design, etc.)... definitely has a ton of songs that almost everyone knows (even overseas) and mostly presents as a live concert which got the audience on Broadway standing and singing.  The witch reference might be thrown in just to throw us off... If not, then Wicked it is... and we loved that too!

I vote for Jeff Dunham to open for Blue Man Group. But I gotta admit those Blue Man shows must take a while to clean up after and I don't think RCL wants THOSE kind of  shenanigans going on in a new multi-million dollar theater. But I can wish all I want, right?

I vote for Jeff Dunham to open for Blue Man Group. But I gotta admit those Blue Man shows must take a while to clean up after and I don't think RCL wants THOSE kind of  shenanigans going on in a new multi-million dollar theater. But I can wish all I want, right?

I believe NCL has a deal with Blue Man Group

Well now, slow down, my good doctor. No one said anything about 8 year-olds. ;-) I was thinking 20-somethings, 30-somethings, 40-somethings, 50-somethings, and even 60-somethings. Kids won't want to sit still for Grease any more or any less than they'll want to for Les Mis, Phantom, or any other great show. I wasn't ready for Broadway until at least 14 or 15, and even then, I was bored by most of it.

My son has sat through three Broadway and off Broadway shows so far, and we're seeing Annie tomorrow night at the theatre. Of course, my son also orders escargot with his hamburger in the MDR when he's not ordering off the kids menu, so he might not be the best measure. Even so, I mostly teach 20-somethings and I doubt that they'd have much interest in Grease. This is for us old timers. ;)

Your boy is unique for sure.

I don't know about those 20-somethings. There are romantics among them. They hide it. And what's old is what's new to them. I've seen a heck of a lot of band tee-shirts with bands from 20 years ago on teenagers.

I guess time will tell. Neither of us are gonna sway Royal at this point.

I'd figure I would chime in... I am 28 and my fiancé is 26. We are both huge broadways fans so maybe we are biased but we both love grease. When matt announced it was grease we both starting signing grease lightning lol. Was Grease my first choice no it was Wicked but still I am happy with grease and I like 90 min of happy fluff and signing on a cruise puts me in a good mood.

I have never been a fan of these type of shows..couldn't care less about them. No interest at all....when I was younger or now.

But that's just me.....I am sure this will be a big hit for many cruisers.....that's the nice thing about cruising. So many different things going on at any time to fit anyone's interest's!

I'm happy that Grease was selected, and that does make me more interested in booking a cruise on Harmony of the Seas in the future.

The other two Broadway shows I've seen onboard were Hairspray (loved it!) and Chicago (hated it!). The difference between those two was the upbeat, happy music that I really enjoyed. Chicago's music wasn't as appealing to me.