Royal Up Bid

SLJ

1 hour ago, Chadster said:

Interestingly, I didn't get an RoyalUp invite, but on a whim, I decided to try the web site -- not to bid, but to see if it worked. I'm 70 days out, and it takes me to the bid screen.

On my December 2020 cruise, I get the "only available 30 days prior" message; that one's not paid in full yet.

Thanks for the info, I only paid the final balance yesterday so I will defiantly keep trying now, I've also contacted RC to explain the criteria for access to RoyalUp.

11 hours ago, RWDW1204 said:

Just got our RoyalUp email today,  59 days out. Not going to. Happy where we are in a Grand Suite. Don't feel it's worth any bid to upgrade. Lowest bid to upgrade to Star Class is $900 PP for the ATS 2 BR. 

Received a Royal Up e-mail for our May 03, 2020 Harmony cruise. Ours is also 59 days out. Made a bid for a one category upgrade.

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I will be bowled over if you reach anyone who knows.

Amazingly I had a reply:

Dear Mr Croke,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service with your request to add your booking to the RoyalUp program. 

You first need to make sure to Opt-In to receive marketing e-mails, (through your My Cruise account)) then wait to be within 45 days from sailing date. From there on, you’ll need to wait to get the invite email.

I have since replied that this doesn't corollate to the information I have that customers are already receiving the said emails for our cruise and have had bid excepted. 

3 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

Amazingly I had a reply:

Dear Mr Croke,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service with your request to add your booking to the RoyalUp program. 

You first need to make sure to Opt-In to receive marketing e-mails, (through your My Cruise account)) then wait to be within 45 days from sailing date. From there on, you’ll need to wait to get the invite email.

I have since replied that this doesn't corollate to the information I have that customers are already receiving the said emails for our cruise and have had bid excepted. 

Did you book directly or with a TA? Someone else mentioned that some agencies are excluded (or opt out) of the Royal Up program.

17 minutes ago, SnickerTail said:

Did you book directly or with a TA? Someone else mentioned that some agencies are excluded (or opt out) of the Royal Up program.

Direct! None of it makes sense, I'm starting to think the invite is subjective and based on the availability of cabin type {Balcony in my case} you have secured and the next couple of levels up availability.

If that make sense.

6 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

Direct! None of it makes sense, I'm starting to think the invite is subjective and based on the availability of cabin type {Balcony in my case} you have secured and the next couple of levels up availability.

If that make sense.

It does make sense. If they think they can move and refill X number of down-channel cabins (interior and whatnot) and they offered enough balconies opportunities they might not have needed to worry about moving you around. It could also have to do with the number of people in your cabin, your muster station, your dining time, etc. Who knows.

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

If that make sense.

It's run by a 3rd party company - they provide the same service to Norwegian, which is why I don't know how clear most Royal employees are on it.

“Please make sure your info is correct and you are within 30 days of sailing” is the pop up I’m getting. We are sailing in 9 days, all is correct. There are cabins available (and more by the day). Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong? I called RC (confirmed they had my last name and reservation number right, so it couldn’t be an error in my info) and the rep said maybe it was required to book 30 days ahead of sailing but that isn’t what the error message says. Any ideas why I can’t get past the error message? Plenty of rooms to upgrade to (?)

33 minutes ago, Mysbond said:

“Please make sure your info is correct and you are within 30 days of sailing” is the pop up I’m getting. We are sailing in 9 days, all is correct. There are cabins available (and more by the day). Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong? I called RC (confirmed they had my last name and reservation number right, so it couldn’t be an error in my info) and the rep said maybe it was required to book 30 days ahead of sailing but that isn’t what the error message says. Any ideas why I can’t get past the error message? Plenty of rooms to upgrade to (?)

You’re likely doing nothing wrong.  Not everyone is eligible to bid on RoyalUp offers.  For whatever reason, chances are you are not eligible for this one.

Hey everyone, I've been reading through this forum and have learned so much! We currently have a balcony on Harmony and have placed a bid on all the available upgrades. CThe highest I can bid on is the crown loft, which is Sky Class. Do I need to have a Sky Class room reserved in order to upgrade to the Star Class? The amenities are so tempting if we can get it for the right price. Thanks in advance!

15 hours ago, CajunCruiser said:

Hey everyone, I've been reading through this forum and have learned so much! We currently have a balcony on Harmony and have placed a bid on all the available upgrades. CThe highest I can bid on is the crown loft, which is Sky Class. Do I need to have a Sky Class room reserved in order to upgrade to the Star Class? The amenities are so tempting if we can get it for the right price. Thanks in advance!

One of the best parts of RoyalUp! You don't have to be in a suite class room in order to upgrade into a higher suite class room with all the value, the views and the bragging rights ;). Just remember it's ALWAYS based on availability. You will be presented with whatever categories offered to bid on in your invite like you mentioned, and those may or may not include higher suite offers. 

There is no algorithm, you can't compare it to online inventory. RoyalUp is an interest program at the very least. But an interest program that carries alot of value for lesser the price should you be the highest bidder! 

The upgrade fairies live!!! 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got notified that my Royal up bid for a Jr suite got accepted, we are still 2 weeks out for our new years eve sail. This  is the first time winning a bid and it turns out they put us in an aft jr suit with the large balcony my wife will be extra happy since she lives on the balcony.

12 minutes ago, lkg276 said:

Just got notified that my Royal up bid for a Jr suite got accepted, we are still 2 weeks out for our new years eve sail. This  is the first time winning a bid and it turns out they put us in an aft jr suit with the large balcony my wife will be extra happy since she lives on the balcony.

Nice!

• 2 months later...