Car Pickup

Brooke

I will be going on the Symphony in a few weeks out of Miami - do you all recommend scheduling a car to pick-up, a shuttle, an uber to the airport after the cruise or are there taxi's waiting at the port for transportation? I have not been to the Miami port before!

4 hours ago, Brooke said:

I will be going on the Symphony in a few weeks out of Miami - do you all recommend scheduling a car to pick-up, a shuttle, an uber to the airport after the cruise or are there taxi's waiting at the port for transportation? I have not been to the Miami port before!

Really depends on how many people are in your party.  There are taxis, but Uber/Lyft tends to be cheaper for standard fares.  If you have a lot of people or special needs (car seat) it is a little pricier.  Plus with everyone getting off that ship at once it may even be surge pricing.  

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Really depends on how many people are in your party.  There are taxis, but Uber/Lyft tends to be cheaper for standard fares.  If you have a lot of people or special needs (car seat) it is a little pricier.  Plus with everyone getting off that ship at once it may even be surge pricing.  

Agree with these comments, it depends on you and your party, if there is just 2 of you and 1 bag each, get an Uber.

I just got off a cruise in Miami in January, 2 people, 2 bags, I was planning on getting an Uber, but there was a guy out front hocking a shuttle for like $15pp, so I asked the porter that had our luggage if he was trust worthy and he said yes, so I went with them, waited about 15 minutes for the shuttle to fill up and were at the airport probably 20-30 minutes later.

Enterprise/Alamo/National has a rental car shuttle to the Miami airport rental car area if you have a reservation for a rental car. 

You can decide at the airport that you don't want to drive home and instead take a flight. 

Drawback is that the rental car facility is a bit of a walk to the airport terminal and you have to wait until the rental car shuttle is full.