Talum and Pesos

stevendom57

1 hour ago, Mljstr said:

I have been to Mexico many times from Acapulco, puerto vallarta, Cozumel, cabo, and never used pesos. If you bring dollars bring small bills. Unfortunately vendors give you change in pesos and might try to take advantage of you. Happened to my daughter last year. 

+1 on this, if you buy something on the street and say it is $5 us and all you have is a $20, sometimes they will say they do not have change, so bring some small bills.

2 hours ago, Mljstr said:

I have been to Mexico many times from Acapulco, puerto vallarta, Cozumel, cabo, and never used pesos. If you bring dollars bring small bills. Unfortunately vendors give you change in pesos and might try to take advantage of you. Happened to my daughter last year. 

The problem is that by mexican law no one is obligated to accept USD, they do it because is better for tourism. Because of that is better to know the current exchange rate so there is no chance someone will try to take advantage of you.