First Diamond Cruise - Question About Embarkation

Hi all. Apologies in advance if this has been answered before. Next weekend I board Symphony of the Seas for my first cruise as a Diamond C&A member and I have a couple questions.

Is there a priority departure lounge accessible to Diamond members? If so, my friend and I want to give ourselves time to explore it before boarding. Our check-in reservation is for 12:30 and if we show up at that time, I have a feeling we will be able to embark the ship once through check-in. Therefore, we want to show up early to give ourselves a bit of time (assuming there is a lounge and it is worth checking out). Does anyone have experience showing up before their check-in time at Terminal A? Did they give you grief or allow you to check in early? My impression is that this is a mixed bag.

Thanks in advance for any insight! I don't know if there's any "there" there, but if so I want to make sure we get the chance to check it out.

No one looks at check-in times, so you can arrive whenever you wish.  The earlier you arrive, the more time you can spend exploring the ship.

There is no dedicated priority area for general boarding; they just call the priority boarding groups in order when boarding begins.  The only dedicated separate area is for Suite passengers at Terminal A.

I'd like to piggy back on CapitalKyle's post with another first time diamond question.

I read in the C & A perk site that 3 drinks were downloaded onto your card each day.  Does this happen automatically or do you have to go to the diamond lounge to gt them? 4/28 will be my sister's first cruise as a diamond (I'm not) - she's not a big drinker but likes a glass of wine at dinner. Will she be able to have one without being charged?

Thank you all.

3 minutes ago, Chonseylee said:

I'd like to piggy back on CapitalKyle's post with another first time diamond question.

I read in the C & A perk site that 3 drinks were downloaded onto your card each day.  Does this happen automatically or do you have to go to the diamond lounge to gt them? 4/28 will be my sister's first cruise as a diamond (I'm not) - she's not a big drinker but likes a glass of wine at dinner. Will she be able to have one without being charged?

Thank you all.

The 3 drinks are loaded automatically every day on your seapass card but are ONLY available for use during the diamond happy hours (usually 4:30 - 8 pm). 

Also the diamond drinks only allow for the liquors and wines listed on the diamond drinks menu.  The diamond wines are the 2.99 a bottle TISDALE wines you get a total wine.

You might be able to get on board as early as 11:00 if you arrive early.  Use your priority check in line and they will board the consecutive cruisers and suite guests and pinnacle members first followed by diamond plus etc and eventually general boarding.  All of this happens within 10 minutes of each other typically since there are not that many in the upper categories and not all of them will be there that early.  The only special lounge as already stated is for suite guests.

19 hours ago, Chonseylee said:

Thank you all.

BTW, in the diamond lounge they do not swipe your card or keep track of how many drinks during the diamond member hours.  So, you could double dip by getting drinks there and still get your three drinks around the ship if you want more than three as long as they are what's included on the diamond member drink list.  There is typically a red and a white wine available on the diamond drink menu but the selection may be limited.