Questions about our first RC cruise

kplpowe

Greetings Cruisers!!

I am a frequent cruiser but I've only traveled on Carnival thus far. I just booked my first RC cruise with 2 of my BFFs, setting sail in June!!! It will be the first RC cruise for us AND the first cruise for our kids (three 8 year old boys & a 12 year old girl). So of course I have a few questions. ?

1) The Mamas have sailed Carnival together before and we loooove having dinner in the MDR each night. The RC MDR dress code states 'smart casual' attire which is khakis, slacks/nice jeans and a collared shirt. Is RC really sticklers on that rule?

2) With 7 in our party, we chose anytime dining. Could we make reservations for dinner in the MDR before going each evening?

3) I'd love to order bottled water to be delivered to my stateroom like Carnival. Since that's not an option, are there places to easily get water around the ship to refill personal water bottles? 

I promise I've googled and looked but I've found mixed answers and thought I'd bug some actual people who have experienced an RC cruise recently. Thanks sooooo much in advance for all the feedback and input. We are EXCITED!!!!!!!! ?

4 hours ago, kplpowe said:

With 7 in our party, we chose anytime dining. Could we make reservations for dinner in the MDR before going each evening?

If your bookings are linked, you can make My Time Dining reservations on Cruise Planner or call Royal Caribbean.  If you are using a travel agent, they can make those reservations for each night. 

Which ship will you be sailing?

You can refill your personal water bottles at multiple locations. They just ask you not dispense directly into your container but instead fill a provided plastic cup to fill your vessel. Main dining attire is casual, similar to Carnival. For formal nights a sports coat is fine, many people don't even do that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, Rose City Cruiser said:

If your bookings are linked, you can make My Time Dining reservations on Cruise Planner or call Royal Caribbean.  If you are using a travel agent, they can make those reservations for each night. 

Which ship will you be sailing?

AHHH! I never could tell if my message posted or not. Thank you for your response. We will be sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas. 

On 3/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, DRLPP said:

You can refill your personal water bottles at multiple locations. They just ask you not dispense directly into your container but instead fill a provided plastic cup to fill your vessel. Main dining attire is casual, similar to Carnival. For formal nights a sports coat is fine, many people don't even do that.

My apologies for my delayed response. I could never tell if my message posted or not. Thank you so much for your response. I am thrilled to get feedback from someone who has been on RC. Thaaaaank YOU!

• Matt changed the title to Questions about our first RC cruise

Your best bet for water is to carry on a case. People do it all the time. You can even bring back cases of soda when you stop in the ports. We do it in almost every port. Way cheaper than buying the soda package on board.  You would be way better off booking what time you want to go to dinner prior to getting on the ship or you may experience a long wait time.  They give you a 2 hour window to attend. They are also not really big sticklers on dress code as long as you don't wear shorts.