Escaping the never ending winter! Sorta live blog from Allure of the Seas March 24-31

mom2mybugs

14 hours ago, Cindy Leslie said:

Enjoying your blog so far! Thanks so much for posting pics of your interior cabin! It’s bigger than I imagined and looks like plenty of storage for just the two of us! Have a wonderful week!

It is a ridiculous amount if storage.  I overpacked and we still fit everything!  And have empty shelves Jane

Most boring blog ever... Days 2 and 3 lol

So my life these days was get up early, grab chairs in the protected solarium, cry over the rain and clouds and cheer when the sun finally peeked out.  

We went to Giovanni's for dinner and it was excellent!  My daughter's vegetarian gnocchi was great and they made her an extra dish of pasta and vegetables.  My husband and I split the risotto and fillet... The fillet was cooled perfectly and I loved the risotto... Though it was pretty salty. 

Night 2 we had no theater plans so after Giovanni's the teen split and Jeff and I wandered the ship.  We are loving vintages and the singer in the pub, but the guy in the schooner isn't our favorite.  The best thing ever was the 80s dance party at dazzles!  No pics because I was too busy dancing!  So much fun in there.  

Night 3 we saw mamma Mia and it was great!  Loved it.  We headed to the main dining room after that for mtd.  Our service was the best we have had in a long time.  My food was great and I tried the lamb for the first time... @WAAAYTOOO I thought of you because I thought I remembered your husband likes it.  It was the best cut off meat I've had in the mdr in a very long time.  My steak Diane was also great, but Jeff's cut off meat (the regular steak) wasn't great.  After that we roamed the ship and were surprised how many bars closed at 12.  

That catches me sorta up...on to day 4 lol Jane

On 3/28/2019 at 6:04 AM, bobroo said:

Tell 'em about the out-of-step helicopter evacuation.

Oh yes... That was interesting.  We stopped in San Juan for an unexpected helicopter evacuation before heading to st Maarten.  They were quite a ways away when they announced it and we still made st Maarten in time.  I'm not sure how I missed when the helicopter actually arrived!  Jane

Ok... Time to switch to subjects as the days have become an endless blur of drinking and sunbathing lol.  

Outtings:. We didn't want to spend a ton in St Maarten and decided to just simply head towards the public beach in philipsburg.  It was maybe a 15 minutes walk from the edge of the port area and it was great.  Chairs available for 10 and buckets of 5/$10 ? and water.  

20190327_122220.thumb.jpg.6589a170a9b65c2d7a199afc941ee919.jpg

20190327_104201.thumb.jpg.3de4d9b024a81ea90b776c6b07f6606d.jpg

20190327_104147.thumb.jpg.f24969f3c515426bf9c53b5b8d863001.jpg

We really enjoyed our time there!  Laid back and casual and cheap!

20190327_100830(0).thumb.jpg.e00f498273ed645fa8ab88acb7af6d76.jpg

See... Although the 16 year old is still sleeping, I still post short updates lol!

San Juan is such a great stop, though I have to say that 7-1 was tricky.  We were able to do El Morro and the San Juan bapistry where Ponce de Leon is buried, but had to skip fort christobel because 1 actually means for my sanity I have to be back at 12!  

The walk out to El Morro was pretty long and uphill... But totally doable if you pace. And sooo worth it!

20190328_093653.thumb.jpg.f8583b7c1c0a76f95d8940dae5416b7f.jpg

This is just a view from one of the windows of a sentry box.  I can't imagine being stationed here for years far away from Spain.  Anyway, I have a ton of pics but the thing to know is that it is an amazing national historic site, you can use your park pass and it is one of my favorite national parks to visit.

The church was amazing...we had changed onto it the last time we embarked from San Juan.  So many little chapels that had incredible art and sculpture. 

20190328_110001.thumb.jpg.4cc524e714ba1e93140f7f64ecb9b31e.jpg

Pnce de Leon tomb

20190328_111035.thumb.jpg.4cc0a2d6dfc2ef42fef656979128e1cb.jpg

Amazed me that people skipped it because it was so simple or they didn't know who he was.  Amazing history to me!  

The 16 year old was cranky from her sunburn so we headed back wandering quickly through old Town.  This was a very cool celebration of national women's day and cancer detection.  So pretty

20190328_113153.thumb.jpg.15eed1b7f7e389397a0f516657fef87d.jpg

Jane

Labadee was a perfect day.  We had rented the beach Cabana for 2... The little clamshell things.  I wanted to be front row to see the ocean, but we docked 45 mins early and thus weren't off first.  I was bummed but we moved on and managed to score the last one and one behind it.  Just a note, if you want these book pre cruise.  We got them at about 37 dollars and they were sold out by the time we walked up.  They give you wristbands and I think they keep an eye on people arriving and leaving so you can't just walk into one.  I thought the beach was great... It was all beautiful same into the water and yes, there are rocks in the water so you definitely want water shoes.  But it was pretty and my husband loved the shade.  We totally would do this again.   I never took a full on beach pic but here is a side shot of the rocks20190329_105812.thumb.jpg.b402eeefcc6a645c704d1616ed9de99c.jpg

I have not tried the Coco loco but I'm definitely a fan of the labadoozie!!!

20190329_105630.thumb.jpg.a88e6276a8a167c1ee2c2a3610a56dba.jpg

No pic of the 3 of us at the sign since Madison would have had to go into the sun lol... Here is the ship and sign and the 2 of us

20190329_162000.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 5:40 PM, mom2mybugs said:

They said they just don't offer that or chops on the ship and he just kept saying it.  What I should have done is just cancelled the BOGO... They probably would have let me... And just done chips and guac at sabor.  We are going to Giovanni's today which will be good but we are doing it this summer....i wanted to only hit things I wouldn't see on vision.  Fwp but again the inconsistency royal shows at times is annoying.  Jane

Just wanted to share that they allowed me to book both Chops and 150 on the Harmony last week with the BOGO offer

13 hours ago, laylay said:

Just wanted to share that they allowed me to book both Chops and 150 on the Harmony last week with the BOGO offer

There is no mad emoji lol.  I should have gone to 150 directly to reserve the BOGO....jane