iFly on Ovation

Welcome to the message boards!

iFly, many activities and entertainment does tend to book up in the cruise planner ahead of time on any Quantum class ship. 

I'll be sailing before you on Ovation to Alaska but i have sailed on sister ship Anthem.  On Anthem they have areas set up on boarding day to make bookings for such things. My assumption is that Ovation in Alaska will be the same.   Ovation has never visited Alaska before so we are all eagerly waiting to experience it in this incredible area.   

6 hours ago, mattymay said:

How long before the cruise do these activities usually show up? I've been checking everyday for Ovation.. but it would be good to have some rough idea.

Unfortunately, there's no hard and fast rule for when these things show up - Ifly and Northstar as well as most of the shows do tend to be the last things to show up.  To give you a frame of reference though, on my Anthem cruise last year, IFly and Northstar showed up as bookable on August 27th, and my cruise started October 29th, so just slightly over 2 months out.  It definitely pays to frequently check the cruise planner because both Ifly and Northstar go fast.  I think within a few days of my booking it, all slots were filled and it was removed from the cruise planner.  It's definitely a "blink and you'll miss it" sort of thing.

That said, it is still possible to get in if you miss it in the cruise planner - you just have to be a little more patient and flexible with your plans if you really want to get in.  There are cancellations and no shows all the time.

You can make reservations on the Royal IQ, Royal apps or the tablet on the ship. From my experience with Anthem of the Seas, I walked in the ship, all the tablet available right next to where I walked in. I suggest reserving the earliest time possible because the weather is unpredictable. I-fly, North Star and shows can be canceled if the weather does not permit them to operate. If it gets cancel you still have time to reschedule if you reserve them early.

22 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

For the June 21st Ovation sailing:  IFly opened up last Saturday (and was closed by Tuesday), and Pixels opened up yesterday.  I'm anxiously awaiting North Star!  I'm not sure if there's more than one show to sign up for on Ovation or not - I guess we'll see!

On what Cruise Planer section is iFly?

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

On what Cruise Planer section is iFly?

Entertainment and Activities (but it's gone now).  That's where you'll find NorthStar when it appears as well.  Note that I couldn't access the section at times from my phone or IPad for some reason, but had no trouble from a desktop (non-mobile site).