Deluxe Drink Package off the ship

3 hours ago, Vlgg said:

Don't they hold any bottles of liquor that you buy on the ship until you get off at the end of the cruise?

Yes, Royal does hold purchases until the last night. If purchased late on the last day you'll be able to take it then.

39 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Not sure, but I bought a bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label on NCL Escape and they gave it to me then and there 

If the bottle included the "ship tax"/priced much higher than it can be bought for. Then that would be a NCL policy allowing purchases for onboard consumption. Unfortunately Royal, outside of the few 375ml bottle options purchased in advance, doesn't allow bottles to be purchased for onboard consumption.

3 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Unfortunately Royal, outside of the few 375ml bottle options purchased in advance, doesn't allow bottles to be purchased for onboard consumption.

You can purchase Alcohol packages from the Royal Gifts that would be delivered to your room.
I believe these are allowed to be consumed at your leisure in the stateroom

Though with these there is a good bit of a mark up.

image.thumb.png.13264d8dbb8c6e923424d5ffde7663ef.png

5 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

You can purchase Alcohol packages from the Royal Gifts that would be delivered to your room.
I believe these are allowed to be consumed at your leisure in the stateroom

Though with these there is a good bit of a mark up.

image.thumb.png.13264d8dbb8c6e923424d5ffde7663ef.png

I was taking a peek at those before and agree the markup is a bit much, but it is tempting.  I am debating the DBP or not and this would be nice to have then hope for a drink card sale later in the sailing.  Save some money that way compared to a 7 day DBP.

9 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Yes, Royal does hold purchases until the last night. If purchased late on the last day you'll be able to take it then.

If the bottle included the "ship tax"/priced much higher than it can be bought for. Then that would be a NCL policy allowing purchases for onboard consumption. Unfortunately Royal, outside of the few 375ml bottle options purchased in advance, doesn't allow bottles to be purchased for onboard consumption.

I thought the price was pretty good when I bought it.  Also, when I am in vacation mode I don't really look at price all that carefully if it is below $50.  I know the bottle wasn't that much though.  We were nearing the end of the cruise 2nd to last day so maybe that was why they let me take it with me???  I don't know.  All I can say is my friends and I had a few drinks back in our cabins with some nice whiskey (scotch whiskey if we are being particular).

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Scotch.  Period.

No need to drag it down into the broader classification of swill that some countries call whisky.   

whoa whoa easy tiger hahaha, quoting the label.  besides Irish Whiskey is Champ.  Jameson, Tullamore Dew (my Graddad worked there as a cooper), Teeling, and Redbreast are all wonderful.

5 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

Back again, so another question about the Coke cups ? My wife doesn't drink soda, can she give her cup to her mother to use or is the seapass card needed to operate the machine?  I'm guessing the cup is all that is needed?

No!!!!!!  That would be "sharing" your drink package which is strictly forbidden 

6 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

dangit 1 yes 1 no, can I get a tie breaker over here?????

Its not 1 yes and 1 no, its answering two different things.....  Yes, the cup will work without the pass ...BUT....if caught the cup will be confiscated and if they can trace back to your sail pass they will also discontinue your drink package.  In other words, physically it is possible, legally it is not

3 minutes ago, jce2 said:

Its not 1 yes and 1 no, its answering two different things.....  Yes, the cup will work without the pass ...BUT....if caught the cup will be confiscated and if they can trace back to your sail pass they will also discontinue your drink package.  In other words, physically it is possible, legally it is not

so you are looking at the rules side of it good to know