70's Disco Inferno

Todd W

Do people participate in this party any more?   I've got a group of 8 for our April LOS cruise and we want to ham it up but will we be the only fools dressed up for it?  Me, I could give zero F's about what people think but the rest in the group are a little more 'guarded'  lol

11 minutes ago, marton2 said:

Heck yea! Groovy bell bottoms, wide brim bandanna, 6" heels, mood rings topped off with a leisure suit for Formal night. I'm with you!  We're going in April too... see you there!!

(I hope we don't embarrass our wives too much) Far out man! Groovy

I like the way you think.    These are the shoes for my outfit. Have a vintage (ugly) polyester shirt and brown bells to go with it.  Wifey  is still trying to finalize hers.   i have no doubt i'll break something wearing these things but hey, thats the cost of having fun!   We're on the 4/26 sailing, you too?

shoes-2.jpg

We've been to a few over the years and most have been a hoot. Not sure about all ships, but I guess it's a function of the Cruise Director how good it is. We were on the FOS last month and it was sad...very sad. Two RC Singers and Dancers singing 70s songs from the catwalk...no costumes or anything close to others we have seen. We thought there had to be more...but nope...just a couple of people singing.

Is there a disco-sucks party at the same time somewhere on the ship. lol  There should be at one of the bars.  You know, playing Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Stones with the movies Detroit Rock City or Dazed and Confused playing.  That would be awesome.  I'm going on Oasis in December, someone needs to make this happen.

2 hours ago, griswold81 said:

Is there a disco-sucks party at the same time somewhere on the ship. lol  There should be at one of the bars.  You know, playing Led Zeppelin, Kiss, Stones with the movies Detroit Rock City or Dazed and Confused playing.  That would be awesome.  I'm going on Oasis in December, someone needs to make this happen.

It's more about the party and the willingness to participate and have some fun for our group.   being 50 now, i have a very diverse attitude when it comes to music these days.   Grew up on 80's Punk and Metal myself but listen to it all dependent on my mood.      There's a huge German Wurstfest festival here in New Braunfels, TX each November.   I break out my lederhosen and alpine hat, drink lots of beer and dance to polka musik.      With age comes a stronger attitude of not giving a damn and living in the moment.    If the ships had a disco-sucks party, i'd participate in that as well.  ?

6 minutes ago, Todd W said:

It's more about the party and the willingness to participate and have some fun for our group.   being 50 now, i have a very diverse attitude when it comes to music these days.   Grew up on 80's Punk and Metal myself but listen to it all dependent on my mood.      There's a huge German Wurstfest festival here in New Braunfels, TX each November.   I break out my lederhosen and alpine hat, drink lots of beer and dance to polka musik.      With age comes a stronger attitude of not giving a damn and living in the moment.    If the ships had a disco-sucks party, i'd participate in that as well.  ?

Some how we must be related, lol.

19 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Not many are dressed up. A few people like to dance but many are quite timid and just prefer to watch.

On our 3 cruises, the room was packed elbow to elbow dancing for the 70s Maybe it has more to the CD than the passengers.  It has always ranked in my opinion as the 2nd best night on the cruise.  Quest is the 1st.  For us the white party was always a bust.  We still go, in white/khaki,  but never stay more than 30 mins..  I think the silent party is fun to watch, but we do not participate.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, Todd W said:

I like the way you think.    These are the shoes for my outfit. Have a vintage (ugly) polyester shirt and brown bells to go with it.  Wifey  is still trying to finalize hers.   i have no doubt i'll break something wearing these things but hey, thats the cost of having fun!   We're on the 4/26 sailing, you too?

shoes-2.jpg

I hear me some Beegees!

On 3/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, Todd W said:

I play tenor horn (the elliptical looking brass instrument) in our local German band. We are complete with lederhosen, dirndls, and plenty of German beer! We have a great time. We've been going for almost 30 years.

8 hours ago, MTraub6670 said:

What ships do they do this party on?

I believe on all except Harmony and Symphony. HM has 90's instead of 70's (although that might change now that Marc is her permanent CD) and SY has 80's. I don't know if Anthem has it either. I know that they have introduced it on Ovation.

11 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I don't know if Anthem has it either

Anthem, at least a yr ago did the 70s night.  I want to say on the 5 night/6 day cruise it was the formal night (day 2), but I might be confusing that night with the Silent party.  Either way I know we did the 70s.  I can't recall if Anthem did the white party, but I want to say they did.

• 2 weeks later...