Perfect Day South Beach Cabanas

Baked Alaska

I am a tad bit confused as to the location of South Beach, as I don't see any place called that on the interactive map. Is this the same beach that the over water cabanas are located, near the Coco Beach Club? The cabanas are currently listed at $399. The description says that it's convenient to bars, but not any eateries:

OVERVIEW

South Beach is your spot to amp up the excitement shoreside — and then kick back in your very own private cabana. Fuel your competitive spirit with volleyball and beachfront basketball or explore offshore with paddle boarding and glass bottom kayaking. And when you’re ready to take a break, retreat to your own comfy bungalow where a lush sectional sofa and chaise lounge chairs, beach to bungalow drink service, complimentary bottled water, a cooler and cocktail table offer all the comforts you could want. But space is limited, so reserve your cabana pre-cruise to secure your spot, and lock in the biggest savings — only available on Cruise Planner.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Full-Day Rental: There’s plenty of room for up to 8 of your favorite people on 2 chaise lounges and a lush sectional sofa— plus a cocktail table that houses conveniences like a personal speaker to play your own music, a combination lock lid for storage and a USB outlet.
  • Your private cooler will be stocked with complimentary water bottles, and you will have all the complimentary towels you need.
  • Grab beverages at the nearby South Beach Bar, Sandtrap Bar, or Floating Bar just offshore. Help yourself to complimentary bites at the Snack Shack— plus a self-serve beer station for an additional charge.

Any discussion about CocoCay right now should start with the question, when are you going there?

At present, South Beach remains where it has been, bottom of map, left of center, "29" on map.  

4TC2r5g.jpg

Today, Cabanas are way over on the far right in area "19".  

Those are suppose to move at some point.  The question is when?

The new over water cabanas are projected to land in the general South Beach area but until they are built I'm not confident placing them on any map. 

The same could be said for non-over-water cabanas.  Until I see them in place, I'm not comfortable pointing to any map and declaring X marks the spot.

CocoCay is somewhat fluid right now.   Once the sand settles over the coming months we'll all know exactly where stuff will be.  

Thank you,@twangster for your reply. Crazy thing is that this it for our Spring Break 2021 cruise. A little over 2 years away! This is the only thing available in the CP. I am going to purchase and then decide down the road if it's a keeper. What I find a little frustrating is our 2020 Spring Break cruise (1 year away), where we are stopping at Labadee. There are a total of items offered in the CP for shore excursions. Does this mean that most of the offerings are already sold out or that they haven't posted them, yet?

14 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

What I find a little frustrating is our 2020 Spring Break cruise (1 year away), where we are stopping at Labadee. There are a total of items offered in the CP for shore excursions. Does this mean that most of the offerings are already sold out or that they haven't posted them, yet?

For a spring 2020 cruise right around a year away I'm guessing they just haven't posted yet. 

Check out 35 excursions for Labadee here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=LAB

Dec 2019 I'm showing 30 bookable excursions for Labadee in the cruise planner.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

For a spring 2020 cruise right around a year away I'm guessing they just haven't posted yet. 

Check out 35 excursions for Labadee here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=LAB

Dec 2019 I'm showing 30 bookable excursions for Labadee in the cruise planner.

Thank you @twangster. All the more reason to ask why  post the cabana rezi for a cruise over 2 years away. They know the interest factor. I guess looking at the demand and what ultimately to price those out at? FWIW, I was able to reserve all of our Alaska excursions 16 months out.  Labadee is not PDCC is not Alaska, etc.  I'll take a look at the offerings for Labadee and be ready to pounce. Still going to reserve the cabana at PDCC, while I can.

A lot of what Royal does and how it works makes little sense.  

One cruise and luggage tags are ready at 50 days.  Another cruise luggage tags are ready at 25 days.  It's luggage tags?  How hard can that be to be consistent?  

I joke about it but I think Royal has a "bring your kids to work" program except at Royal your kids do your job while they are at work.  

Or maybe they are sampling drink packages while working, trying new ideas and cocktails on the staff at HQ.