Drink Menu 2019

twangster

14 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Thanks for posting these. Disappointed that they are still so limited with the drink menus. I miss the old ones that had many pages especially of tropical frozen drinks to have more variety of what you can get like blue Hawaiians and lava flows. Maybe one day they would return to this ?

Yes!  I've been looking for those myself and thought it was just me not having any luck finding them.

30 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Thanks for posting these. Disappointed that they are still so limited with the drink menus. I miss the old ones that had many pages especially of tropical frozen drinks to have more variety of what you can get like blue Hawaiians and lava flows. Maybe one day they would return to this ?

Most of the bars have specialty drink menus now and if they have a blender they can make your tropical frozen drink.  Not all bars have the blenders, so I guess they didn't make it into the standard menu.

5 minutes ago, Orange Crush said:

Is the drink package cap still $12/drink, or did they bump it up to $13 like the Oasises & Quantums?

That's a great question that I should have asked more about on board Navigator.  In the Bamboo Room $14 drinks cost me an extra $1 with the DX package.  However I didn't try going over at other bars.  

Anthem was $13 in practice even thought the terms and conditions stated $12.  

Will confirm, at least on Mariner, it is $13 getting covered. This was verified with one of the bartenders at the Pub.

Same deal as @twangster in the Bamboo Room. The $14 drinks rang up as $1.18. Another FYI sales tax was charged on overages the first day while still in Miami.

Another credit to the Bamboo Room folks, they were informing drink package holders about the overage on those drinks.

1 minute ago, Linda216 said:

So then these premium drinks listed under each liquor, should be covered in the drink package? Will a bartender mind that question, before I down 4 of them? ?

Never hurts to ask, but you can't order 4 drinks at once with the drink package. 

If there is an overage you'll get a paper bill to sign with each of your four drinks as you sit there and drink them.   

Most bartenders will tell you "That isn't covered by the package, it will be $x".  Like if you order a $17 glass of wine.    

Excited for my first RCCL cruise - Symphony of the Seas this summer!  We purchased the Deluxe Beverage Package when they were having a BOGO 50% off promotion.  My question...   I understand the package covers drinks up to $13.  If I order a glass of Prosecco that's $15, will they charge me $2?  Or will I be charged the full price for beverages over the $13 limit??

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Fresh off Navigator in March 2019 here is the latest version of the drink menu found on many ships. 

It's largely unchanged from 2017 but prices have been updated.

348704444_RCIDrinks-1.thumb.jpg.b5254cac4d815fd0907be969da32635c.jpg

2121382208_RCIDrinks-2.thumb.jpg.609c3c1f1c89d4950c327f8f80a59510.jpg

1193434631_RCIDrinks-3.thumb.jpg.f2ffbe4031196c08ea8a198d9df24a5e.jpg

904084422_RCIDrinks-4.thumb.jpg.02453348a44d4e0debb384bc8698004d.jpg

491223524_RCIDrinks-5.thumb.jpg.a37c571b9040d4ae9abeaafb0bd924f0.jpg

1884832622_RCIDrinks-6.thumb.jpg.dfab1b671a7f3a303a75c987f9acbc8e.jpg

441437104_RCIDrinks-7.thumb.jpg.d996e8779bad36e074f76b644b2726a3.jpg

255659110_RCIDrinks-8.thumb.jpg.35ab49a355db8f2d1288fc1b54c4838d.jpg

1377048741_RCIDrinks-9.thumb.jpg.42822f6dd16f33f66de6adc9837e1acc.jpg

Thank you for posting! Taking a cruise in Sept, not worth getting the deluxe drink package. Nice to know how much a glass of wine will be.

2 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Thanks for posting current prices.  We're heading out on Oasis in April on a Transatlantic; we've done the Deluxe package before, but the prospect of shelling out over $700 each has me considering trying to take advantage of Happy Hours, Drink of the Day, and C&A coupons . . .

And watch for (or ask, I have had them do it for me even if it's not advertised) the punch card offers once you're onboard. They make my call drink of choice (Patron and Grand Marnier rocks margarita) only ~$9 instead of $14! 

IMHO, the drink packages can be worth it if 1) you have a lot of sea days or 2) you can catch a big sale on the price. Otherwise, I can drink a lot of tasty things for less money overall. And trust me, the DH and I have done extensive testing and cost comparisons! Haha!

I haven't cruised in almost 10 years, but I remember every night at dinner our group had the shot of the day or something in those metal shot glasses - is that still a thing and is it included in the drink package w/o the souvenir glass? I think they were called Loving Cups or something corny like that.  

28 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

I haven't cruised in almost 10 years, but I remember every night at dinner our group had the shot of the day or something in those metal shot glasses - is that still a thing and is it included in the drink package w/o the souvenir glass? I think they were called Loving Cups or something corny like that.  

Shots at dinner is not like it used to be.  Infrequently a shot may be offered at dinner but I see this less and less.  The drink package never covers specialty drinks that come in a souvenir glass or cup.  The drinks in a Pineapple for example, or Coco Locco's / Labradoozies in souvenir cups at CocoCay / Labadee.  You can ask for the same drink in a regular cup and those are included in the package, but never in any souvenir cup.  In some cases the souvenir drinks are available as a discounted price for drink packages.  Best to ask if you want a souvenir drink and you have a drink package.  

10 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

Do they offer beer on tap or is it all in a can or bottle? Does anyone know if a list of the beers on tap exist? I would imagine the tap run would vary based on which bar you were in. 

Beer on tap varies by ship and bar but generally speaking it's very limited.  Most ships offer something like Heineken, Heineken Light and Strongbow cider on tap.  Some ships have a brown ale on tap.  Most craft beers are served from cans or bottles.  Generally speaking the draught beer offerings are very limited.  

8 minutes ago, foxrunner said:

Do they offer beer on tap or is it all in a can or bottle? Does anyone know if a list of the beers on tap exist? I would imagine the tap run would vary based on which bar you were in. 

They do have draft beer..and yes, it is dependent on the venue and the ship and availability.  I don't know of a comprehensive list and even when I've seen a bar menu on board with draft selections they often weren't correct or a tap was out.  I didn't pay attention on Mariner this past weekend but the Pub had different beers on draft than Playmakers..I think the Pub had Strongbow and Heineken while Playmakers had Blue Moon, Sam Adams, Heineken, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin.

20 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

They had Guinness on tap in the pub on Indy last summer.

However it wasn't poured correctly for either of the 2 pints I tried. Maybe I should of had a word with the barman and advised him how it's meant to be poured (rather than just straight up) but the bar was far too busy.     

I am a very picky Guinness drinker as well.  I think I would have had a word with them when it was less crowded.  I don't mind waiting for it to be done right.  I do get they are busy people and trying to get everyone's orders though.

Thanks to the contributions of twangster and KristiZ, and the recognition that we will have 10 sea days, I took the plunge (so to speak) and got the DBP!  I called RCL, as I only wanted the DBP, and my husband wanted the Voom+DBP;  no way to do that on Cruise Planner, but no problem with the RCL Customer Service agent.  I'm ready to start on my next DBP Exploration List . . .

1 hour ago, Wilmsta said:

They had Guinness on tap in the pub on Indy last summer.

However it wasn't poured correctly for either of the 2 pints I tried. Maybe I should of had a word with the barman and advised him how it's meant to be poured (rather than just straight up) but the bar was far too busy.     

Was that cruise from Southampton?  If so glad to see they place a proper beer on tap when in the UK.  

Indy out of FL in January didn't have Guinness on tap.  While they exist it's hard to find Guinness on tap at land pubs in the US.   

4 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

The Loving Cups are extinct. I collected those. So sad to see them go....

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Was that cruise from Southampton?  If so glad to see they place a proper beer on tap when in the UK.  

Indy out of FL in January didn't have Guinness on tap.  While they exist it's hard to find Guinness on tap at land pubs in the US.   

Yes Twangster, it was from Southampton. So maybe a departing UK thing?  I assume then that I should not expect to see draft Guinness available when we are on Adventure in a couple of weeks time! 

1 minute ago, Wilmsta said:

Yes Twangster, it was from Southampton. So maybe a departing UK thing?  I assume then that I should not expect to see draft Guinness available when we are on Adventure in a couple of weeks time! 

I hope you do!  ...but I wouldn't expect to find Guinness draught on Adventure.  

The cans they have are those 'widget' draught cans that are common in the states.

The world famous Guinness widget uses an ingenious nitrogen filled capsule that surges with bubbles when the ring pull is opened – replicating the draught experience in a can. 

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-craft/guinness-draught-can-ball/

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

I hope you do!  ...but I wouldn't expect to find Guinness draught on Adventure.  

The cans they have are those 'widget' draught cans that are common in the states.

The world famous Guinness widget uses an ingenious nitrogen filled capsule that surges with bubbles when the ring pull is opened – replicating the draught experience in a can. 

https://www.guinness.com/en-us/our-craft/guinness-draught-can-ball/

A widget Guinness isn’t too bad - I’ve actually got the Guinness Surger unit at home which replicates the ‘surge’ when combined with the specific Guinness Surger cans - still no replacement for a well poured pint tho!

17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Loving Cups are extinct. I collected those. So sad to see them go....

I cleaned out not too long ago, saved one in each color and donated the rest with a whole bunch of other stuff to goodwill.  Not sure why we started a shot glass collection when we got married but we have so many now and I was worried that they may have changed the look of the cup and hubby would want to get one every night again!