Jamie’s Italian

Linda216

Yes, there is always an "up-charge" for specialty dining, but you do NOT need to purchase a specialty dining package to try a specialty restaurant... you can choose to do it a la carte and pay the price in the Cruise Planner and make a reservation for that particular restaurant. If you know which restaurant you want to try, I would definitely recommend making the reservation pre-cruise to ensure you get the day and time of your preference.

I'm also assuming that you can go to any of the restaurants once you are onboard and ask them if they have available seating/reservations for a particular evening of your cruise if you do not want to commit to the pre-cruise purchase or really aren't sure of which one to try.

As an example, this is what Giovanni's looks like (Allure's Italian restaurant) if you want to purchase it a la carte through the Cruise Planner... $39.99 per person.

image.thumb.png.88c83b84d701a6fd610241352fd5576a.png

The Dining page will look something like this... if you want to try more than one restaurant, that's where the dining packages add real savings!

image.thumb.png.c3b012d49a3f28e71585420fbc212b69.png

image.png.453076cb37d43728d59302223cb1200f.png

41 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

@JohnK6404 thanks for all the help!  So much to learn. 

@Lovetocruise2002 good to know.  

When will all these prices and options open up on my cruise planner? I’m over 300 days out! 

You are more than welcome! You are on the best forum for RC advice! I have learned sooo much over the last few years and continue to learn every time I log in! ?

I would keep checking the Cruise Planner regularly (maybe weekly for now)...

My dining options (both specialty and My Time) opened up for us 14 months prior to our upcoming May 2019 sailing (big surprise)! We were able to book excursions, including our cabana in Labadee, 9 1/2+ months out... entertainment/show reservations opened up 96 days out from our departure date...

The general consensus seems to be that there is no set schedule/pattern across the fleet, even on the same ship... no rhyme or reason, to when options become available in the Cruise Planner! Keep checking ?!

43 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

@JohnK6404 thanks for all the help!  So much to learn. 

@Lovetocruise2002 good to know.  

When will all these prices and options open up on my cruise planner? I’m over 300 days out! 

It varies. Dining usually opens up before entertainment. I have seen it out around 6 months ahead, sometimes closer to 4. There really is no rhyme or reason to it. Just keep checking ?

15 hours ago, Linda216 said:

The good thing about that is you can take advantage of Black Friday deals!  I locked in 2018 rates then re-booked my our drink package on black Friday, then got a good deal on an excursion I was interested in on Cyber Monday.  

On 3/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, Linda216 said:

Just starting to learn about dining and drink packages and my heads spinning! ?

If I don’t want to buy a dining package, is it still $30 for me to have dinner at Jamie’s Italian? 

If you’re just looking to dip your toes into the specialty dining world, I’d recommend the BOGO 2 night special. It’s usually 40 dollars but gets you 2 specialty dining restaurants. One of them has to be used on the first night, but gives you a chance to try them out at a reduced cost. Just be sure that once you get on board you head to make your reservations. Jamie’s is great, for our navigator cruise in May my eight year old daughter asked if our three dinners could be Jamie’s, Jamie’s, and Jamie’s. 

0C7ABE55-0E44-483B-BD91-1BC4C19C5585.jpeg

0E7DF4D6-5BE3-4908-8922-2DA10244B409.jpeg

D6FE764B-1434-4205-8291-278031FB3A03.jpeg

E0E1DC7C-B0B2-4D97-8E00-E53D6E865273.jpeg

22 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

If you’re just looking to dip your toes into the specialty dining world, I’d recommend the BOGO 2 night special. It’s usually 40 dollars but gets you 2 specialty dining restaurants. One of them has to be used on the first night, but gives you a chance to try them out at a reduced cost. Just be sure that once you get on board you head to make your reservations. Jamie’s is great, for our navigator cruise in May my eight year old daughter asked if our three dinners could be Jamie’s, Jamie’s, and Jamie’s. 

0C7ABE55-0E44-483B-BD91-1BC4C19C5585.jpeg

0E7DF4D6-5BE3-4908-8922-2DA10244B409.jpeg

D6FE764B-1434-4205-8291-278031FB3A03.jpeg

E0E1DC7C-B0B2-4D97-8E00-E53D6E865273.jpeg

@Andrew72681 so for $40 (w the special you’re talking about) I can go to two specialty dinners and order a full meal at two places. And that’s all I pay? What do they charge for a kids meal? 

22 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

@Andrew72681 so for $40 (w the special you’re talking about) I can go to two specialty dinners and order a full meal at two places. And that’s all I pay? What do they charge for a kids meal? 

The BOGO dining package is not always offered, but when it is, I believe that you have to use it on Nights 1 & 2 or you have to use at least one of them on Night 1 or 2.  When it is offered, it is a good deal because it is a full meal that is offered.  As long as you don't mind eating there the first two nights, or one of the first two nights.  For kids, if they are 12 and under, don't book it for them.  Just show up with them and it's $10 per child.

56 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

As @Lovetocruise2002 mentioned it’s usually 10 per child. We’ve had times where they charged it and times when they didn’t charge us for our daughter at all. There’s also varying data points of whether you get charged when they order off the kids menu or the adult one. Our eight year old isn’t a big fan of kids menu food. The one time she did was at chops where she ordered the chicken, and a half chicken showed up for an eight year old. 

Check in your cruise planner and in the dining options you’ll look for BOGO dining. 

BE648287-AE7B-4C84-9D47-D17E722366A9.jpeg

On 3/23/2019 at 6:46 PM, Andrew72681 said:

As @Lovetocruise2002 mentioned it’s usually 10 per child. We’ve had times where they charged it and times when they didn’t charge us for our daughter at all. There’s also varying data points of whether you get charged when they order off the kids menu or the adult one. Our eight year old isn’t a big fan of kids menu food. The one time she did was at chops where she ordered the chicken, and a half chicken showed up for an eight year old. 

Check in your cruise planner and in the dining options you’ll look for BOGO dining. 

BE648287-AE7B-4C84-9D47-D17E722366A9.jpeg

Wow!  Even most adults couldn’t eat that much. Kind of a waste of food.