Luggage tags on carry on bags?

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have extras you might as well put them on your carry-on. That way if they get misplaced somewhere on the ship at least they could possibly make their way back to your room. Usually you don't let the carry-ons out of your sight before they end up at your room.

I agree with this.  Anything that isn't the back pack I use as a purse while traveling is going to have a cruise tag on it in case it gets separated from me.  Since I will have children with me on at least half my sailings it is easy to lose track of things. 

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We put luggage tags on our carry-ones b/c half the time Dan has no idea what our cabin number is !

Im always good with the number, but being able to find it is a different story. Being directionally challenged means using lots of signs on board trying to find things. 

I've put them on a carry-on because sometimes when packing up to leave the cruise, we have fewer things we need to keep with us than what we wanted to have immediately available on the first day, and therefore sometimes the carry-on can get put out the last night to be picked up.  (extra toiletries, extra OTC medications, etc)

7 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Were planning on using them on our Navigator sailing even though all we’ll have it carry on bags and using The Key. Hopefully it’ll be an extra layer of making sure they don’t get lost. 

Put luggage tags on anything you turn over with The Key. You'll have to do it anyway, you might as well be prepared and do it ahead of time.  

7 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

Also, as many will mention, I’m a big fan of the plastic luggage tag covers you can purchase from Amazon or from @CruiseHabit Ric. Will keep you from rushing on embarkation morning trying to borrow a hotel stapler and hoping that they don’t fall off. 

Yep, I bought a set of these but only enough for our check in luggage.  Then I started thinking about putting them on the carry on bags too (even more so now reading all these replies).  Might need to buy some more so they dangle nicely and don't crowd the handle all folded up.  Thanks!!