MEI Travel

By being introduced to this blog and reading/hearing about MEI Travel and how knowledgeable and accommodating they are in booking future RC cruises I would like to reach out to them and see if we can put together many more cruises on the books.  My current travel agent is alright, I guess, she is very difficult to get a hold of and is slow at returning correspondences.  With MEI Travel do you guys use a specific person? One that you work with over time and really gets to know you and your preferences?  I like having that kind of relationship.  One where I am not just a number. You know what I mean?  If this is the case, could you please recommend someone, someone you have had good experiences with? I would greatly appreciate it. 

I second @michelle,   she's had my first reservation with MEI for almost two years now (leaving in 41 days) and has my second which i booked with her about a year ago, leaving April 2020.   I've in the works on a few more which she will definitely handle for me as well.  Very personable and has been able to rebook my reservations to save me money and/or get me more OBC.   Many folks here on the blog us her along with others at MEI.    While I'm biased since she's the only one i've used,  I would venture to say you can't go wrong with anyone at MEI

Another +1 for @michelle -- we've got 3 booked through her ..... her patience with the most mundane questions we throw at her has been invaluable.  And her response time?  Considering how busy she is, it amazes me how she takes the time out of her day to take care of everyone.

After becoming addicted to this blog I switched my HOS reservations, that I initially made through RC, over to MEI. My agent is John Ames and he has been amazing. This is the first time I have ever used a travel agent and I will use MEI, and John, for any future travel needs. I have had a hundred questions and he has been patient and answered every question. When I email him I get a reply within minutes in most cases and he always follows up to ensure I have a great understanding of what is happening. I would recommend John and MEI to anyone!

19 hours ago, recre8di said:

I am sorry to jump on this post, but how do you switch it to a TA AFTER you have already booked your cruise? I am 105 days out from our cruise and we have one $71 payment left. Is it worth it to switch at this point? Thanks in advance!!!

When I inquired about switching mine I was told that they could only switch it to the TA if I had reserved my cruise in the past 60 days. Since I was in that window the switch was easy and the TA took care of everything. I am not sure if they have the ability to work around that 60-day rule or if the 60-day rule makes it easier for them to get the reservation switched. I do know they had to send a request to RC asking to be able to switch the reservation. Of course, RC approved the switch within minutes of the request and the entire process was very easy. I would check with an MEI agent about being able to switch if this is something you are interested in. I know I am very happy that I switched. My TA has already saved me money and made a few reservation changes for me and I didn't have to deal with any of it myself. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

The official rule is 60 days however Michelle has managed to switch reservations for us that were WELL over 60 days old.  You just have to get a TA who knows all the tricks !!

thanks for the thumbs up!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, Ahappygirl1 said:

Michelle Cunningham with MEI is the best!?She has been very helpful/friendly! She is always quick to reply to e-mails and answer phone calls. ? She saved us money and we got onboard credits!? We will definitely use her again!?

Thanks for the thumbs up and supporting the blog and MEI-Travel.

Absolutely crazy...Earlier this morning I was thinking about using a travel agent for our next cruise since it will be our first group cruise and I'd rather have someone else do the heavy lifting for a change.  I remembered MEI was recommended over here but didn't really want to take my chances without getting a recommendation for a specific agent.  So somebody already asked the question and it was fairly unanimously answered.  I think I'll be giving Michelle a call in the near future.

So thanks everyone, my work here is done!

3 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Does MEI travel typically offer anything such as on board credit, pre paid gratuity, or specialty dining?

They have offers from time to time. In fact, with the new RC offer that began today for April, MEI is offering Kids sale Free sale PLUS MEI-Travel is doing another Pre Paid Gratuity on top of that.  It will run April 1 – 16 all new bookings.

2 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Does MEI travel typically offer anything such as on board credit, pre paid gratuity, or specialty dining?

Hi there

Sometimes - you just have to ask your agent
We do often have Specialty Dining offers and Free Gratuities

FOR INSTANCE -Offer just started today 
Book in a Balcony stateroom or higher -and sail by 12/31/19
Free Gratuities for Guest 1 and 2 sharing a cabin.
New bookings only
Must book by 4/16/2019 with MEI-Travel to qualify

37 minutes ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

SOOOO... is it better to book on board (it helps with cruise withdrawal) then transfer it to MEI, or just book with MEI to begin with?  Either way, I have next year's school and work holiday calendar packed.

so I think it is Always better to book onboard because they give you benefits and OBC that are great for you.  And they give you 30days
to make changes to the booking, without penalties so its a win/win I think.  They yes, transferring it an MEI Agent when you get
home is easy to do!  thanks for asking and for supporting Matt's blog.

14 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

SOOOO... is it better to book on board (it helps with cruise withdrawal) then transfer it to MEI, or just book with MEI to begin with?  Either way, I have next year's school and work holiday calendar packed.

When you book onboard it will automatically be assigned to the travel agency you used to book the current cruise you are sailing when you book onboard.  If you don't want that to happen and desire to change to MEI then make sure to inform NextCruise of that while booking on board.  

If your current cruise is booked directly with Royal with no travel agency involved, then you are free to transfer a NextCruise booking at will.

I've been told that once a cruise is paid in full it becomes difficult to transfer.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

When you book onboard it will automatically be assigned to the travel agency you used to book the current cruise you are sailing when you book onboard.  If you don't want that to happen and desire to change to MEI then make sure to inform NextCruise of that while booking on board.  

If your current cruise is booked directly with Royal with no travel agency involved, then you are free to transfer a NextCruise booking at will.

I've been told that once a cruise is paid in full it becomes difficult to trans

fer.  

Yes, you are right - If your current cruise you are on is booked with an agency you DO not wish to stay with
Just tell the Next Cruise agent you do not want to work with any agency  - you just want Royal Caribbean
to maintain the booking

Then once you are home, you can transfer it to us at MEI-Travel.
We are happy to look at any take over cruises for you to take over!  
Thanks for the support

• 1 year later...