So where do you think Oasis 4 will be homeported ?

I do not own stock in any cruise lines; my wife hasn't been too keen of the idea because of the possible volatility of the cruise market (e.g., global economic issues, oil prices, etc.), but I am a fan of the industry as a whole.

In the previous decade I bought shares at $44.88 and sold them around the $8 level.  They eventually bottomed out at $5.35 or thereabouts.  I decided that I'd rather give them my money by paying for bookings vs. buying shares....at least I'd come home happy. :)

• 5 months later...

I am on oasis and my attendant told me oasis is headed to china in 2018, a little off topic but may give us more info on what will be where

It's good info, just because it clues us in on how the other deployments (like Oasis 4) will all fit.

Granted, the info J_Keeble received was from a stateroom attendant (not quite CEO-level info  :lol: ), but this thread is all about rumors!

IF Oasis is going to China (or anywhere outside of USA), I wonder what will replace Oasis of the Seas in Port Canaveral. Her deployment there in the first place is a big deal.

It's good info, just because it clues us in on how the other deployments (like Oasis 4) will all fit.

Granted, the info J_Keeble received was from a stateroom attendant (not quite CEO-level info  :lol: ), but this thread is all about rumors!

IF Oasis is going to China (or anywhere outside of USA), I wonder what will replace Oasis of the Seas in Port Canaveral. Her deployment there in the first place is a big deal.

The Asian market isn't known to consist of big drinkers...to think of all those Sabor margaritas that will not be poured.  :(

The Asian market isn't known to consist of big drinkers...to think of all those Sabor margaritas that will not be poured.  :(

To that point, RC has demonstrated they are okay re-doing their ships to meet the market needs (i.e. changing Johnny Rockets on Quantum of the Seas to be a noddle place).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Quantum class (Ovation) already sail out of Australia and their are many ports in New Zealand, Australia and the pacific that could handle an Oasis ship. If an Oasis class is to come to Australasia/Pacific I imagine it'll be for the summer season and probably see the Ovation concentrate on Australia/Pacific Cruises and Oasis 4 Sydney/New Zealand cruises (Which seems to eb the most popular for the Ovation at the moment). 

Cruising is certainly gaining popularity in this part of the world though I am a little skeptical if we could support a Oasis and Quantum class... still... 5 years ago I would have doubt we would have supported a Quantum class and in that time cruise ship visits have quadrupled around New Zealand.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Oasis 4 will probably go to Miami because shouldn't RCCL's new terminal be done by then? I do think that they will move one of their Oasis class ships out of Florida, though. Who knows maybe they will even switch one of the Quantum Class ships with an Oasis class. Then will finally be a Quantum Class ship in Florida.

I think that Oasis 4 will probably go to Miami because shouldn't RCCL's new terminal be done by then? I do think that they will move one of their Oasis class ships out of Florida, though. Who knows maybe they will even switch one of the Quantum Class ships with an Oasis class. Then will finally be a Quantum Class ship in Florida.

A lot of people believe Oasis 4 in Miami and Anthem to somewhere in Florida (Freedom replaces Anthem).  Who knows what will end up happening, but it will be fun to see how these deployments play out.

A lot of people believe Oasis 4 in Miami and Anthem to somewhere in Florida (Freedom replaces Anthem).  Who knows what will end up happening, but it will be fun to see how these deployments play out

My guess is if Anthem leaves NJ she goes to China where Q4 and Q5 will probably go as well.

• 2 months later...

When we were leaving Miami on the Navi in March, I was thinking to myself that the main channel seems very narrow for the Oasis class.  And the turning basin on the west side of the port seems small too.   I am sure with that much money invested in a new terminal the Oasis class ships will fit.