I think it is a new ship based on the wording. Debut implys something new we haven’t seen before. On Explorer a couple of weeks ago, the Entertainment Producer indicated Voyager was only doing one season.

He also said that they were looking to change the ships more frequently because of common feedback that the production shows are not changed regularly, in the case Explorer over 17 years

Hopefully RCI won’t disappoint, I would love to have Freedom class ship and maybe one ship all year round.

3 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Hopefully RCI won’t disappoint, I would love to have Freedom class ship and maybe one ship all year round.

I think you might be onto something there.. 

On closer inspection the pic looks like the aft of Freedom/Liberty of the Seas with the wooden seats behind the flow rider and the loungers. Voyager class ships don't have that much room at the back.

nb5uVIy.png

TQdbN1d.png

Perhaps with the addition of Odyssey of the Seas to North America this will free up a Freedom class to move to Australia.

The only problem with that is itineraries for Freedom, Indy, and Liberty are already out until April 2021. We could be waiting a while in that case! 

2 hours ago, kontraxed said:

I was thinking about booking Liberty in Jan. 2021. I wonder what happens if they move the ship?

If guests have booked a ship then they decide to dry dock or move her you get an email informing you that your cruise has been canceled.  Sometime you get some future cruise credit or OBC offer for another cruise.  

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

If guests have booked a ship then they decide to dry dock or move her you get an email informing you that your cruise has been canceled.  Sometime you get some future cruise credit or OBC offer for another cruise.  

That's what has us a little edgy about Freedom next March .... not know exactly when it will be amp'd makes us a little anxious .... Hopefully we'll have no issues and will be on her right after being amp's

8 hours ago, Traveler said:

Make sense that they will bring Liberty to Australia , as they are planning to move one of the Oasis to Galveston , for sure nice ship with the water slides and Broadway production 

I have to admit, does make plenty of sense for this to possibly be the case...certainly hope things are indeed proceeding in this direction. An Oasis Class ship porting out of Galveston would the closest mega class ship we may ever get, this close to the "Pacific Coast"

2 minutes ago, mattymay said:

I certainly hope it's 'bigger' news than just a port change for Radiance. Maybe they are moving her to make way for Liberty!

That's what I'm wondering.  Perhaps details of Voyager's refresh will be announced as well.  

3 minutes ago, mattymay said:

I certainly hope it's 'bigger' news than just a port change for Radiance. Maybe they are moving her to make way for Liberty!

The email did say "announcements" implying more than one so fingers crossed.

The dates for Vision of the Seas in Brisbane I posted above were a decoy for Radiance.

Radiance is still on the Sydney port schedule for 2020/21.. so the question is - is that a decoy for another ship?! 

The only ships left without a 2020/21 deployment are:

Empress (Cuba)

Jewel (Dubai)

Majesty (Cuba)

Ovation (Sydney)

Quantum (Asia)

Radiance (Brisbane)

Serenade ??

Spectrum (Asia)

Voyager (Sydney)

As @princevaliantus said the big surprise is looking like Serenade! Thanks for the big tease RCI!!!! 😁

Reading between the lines, we have had our big adventure revealed but there is still a big debut to go.

i hope by big debut they mean a bigger ship, as although I like Radiance class ships I would like to see a Freedom class as well. 

They did used to have 4 ships down in this part of the world so they could go back to that, but as Explorer was always fully booked it seems there an opportunity for another larger ship alongside Ovation (assuming Ovation stays in Oct 2020/21) as well.

i enjoy the anticipation anyway, It is like waiting for Christmas Day not knowing what you are going to get.