Big News is Coming..

5 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

I'm a little surprise as well that Radiance OTS, for possibly this length of time...Sept-Nov. I read on cruise critic some time ago, that Radiance would be making a pit stop; however, it was not advertised as if it was being "amped" like the Freedom & Voyager Class ship were...so, I simply assumed it was just for regular schedule maintenance.

Yet, looking at the booking for the ship, the last sailing ends early in September & according to the advertisement, resume sailing in November...that approximately 2 months in dry dock. That sound more like "amping" than regular maintenance...which is normally two weeks, if not less. With that said, I'm very interested as well, what kind of changes this ship may get & the amount of investing.

Just a thought...what are the chances, given the possible length of time in dry dock, that Radiance OTS(or over time,the Radiance family of ships[4]) may get a boost in tonnage, much like, at one time, Enchantment OTS got several years ago. Radiance Class Ship are in the 90,000 tonnage range. To fit a reasonable number of venues, in Royal's "Amplification" process, could there be a consideration in "amping" the tonnage comparable to Carnival's Destiny Class(102,000 tonnage) ships or even their Conquest Class(110,000)?

I believe it will be getting a massive "amped" makeover. This ship will probably be utilized for the new 'perfect day' island planned for the Australia area

17 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I believe it will be getting a massive "amped" makeover. This ship will probably be utilized for the new 'perfect day' island planned for the Australia area

Voyager certainly will get a big amplification and sail to the private destination from Sydney.

I'm still thinking Radiance won't get all that.  It doesn't have a promenade to place new indoor venues.  Limited pool deck space to play with.  Maybe a new specialty restaurant in place of Rita's.  Samba might go.  Entrance to Schooner is wasted space, something could go there.  AMP-lite.

Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, jce2 said:

You guys scarfed the crap out of me with this 202 Dry-Dock talk!!  My #1 bucket-list trip is on Radiance in 2020 to Alaska in late June......but sounds like Dry-Dock wont be until later in the year....

The gap on the Radiance calendar right now is September to November 2020.  

You should be fine.

So far I won't be cancelling my Symphony or Navigator bookings over the local offereings..  But @twangster those are great pics of Serenade. I'm slightly more interested it what they could do for Radiance now...

Also, I haven't cruised out of Brisbane since 2011 on P&O but I remember the Brisbane itineraries were always slightly better than Sydney because it's closer to the South Pacific islands. You got an extra port day instead of a sea day.

Now hopefully they keep the announcements rolling.. and we get Voyager details tomorrow. ?

16 minutes ago, mattymay said:

Now hopefully they keep the announcements rolling.. and we get Voyager details tomorrow

We are on Voyager next year after she has been amped. It will be interesting what they announce, but I think the ships that have already been done give us a good idea of what to expect.

I've seen some quotes in the media that suggested The Bamboo Room was built for the Caribbean market so it'll be interesting to see if it makes it onto Voyager.  My favorite bar on Navigator, hope it does make it to Voyager.  It's the hand crafted drinks from scratch, no pre-made mixes and juices that make the drinks there very good.  

Water slides are always a hit the question is do they do the coaster style from Navigator, traditional like Mariner or something different again?

Playmakers should be a hit in any region.  

Resort stye pool deck from Navigator?  Hope so.

I've put money down on a refundable Voyager sailing out of Sydney in 2020.  Eagerly waiting to see what she gets.  

16 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

Do we think that this means they'll take some of the ships that we currently have away? Such as the soon to be amped Voyager?

Voyager will be around until at least April 2021 but we are losing Explorer next season.

2018/19 - Ovation, Voyager, Explorer, Radiance

2019/20 - Ovation, Voyager, Radiance

2020/21 - Ovation, Voyager, Serenade, Radiance (Brisbane)

2021/22 - ???   

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've seen some quotes in the media that suggested The Bamboo Room was built for the Caribbean market so it'll be interesting to see if it makes it onto Voyager.  My favorite bar on Navigator, hope it does make it to Voyager.  It's the hand crafted drinks from scratch, no pre-made mixes and juices that make the drinks there very good.  

Water slides are always a hit the question is do they do the coaster style from Navigator, traditional like Mariner or something different again?

Playmakers should be a hit in any region.  

Resort stye pool deck from Navigator?  Hope so.

I've put money down on a refundable Voyager sailing out of Sydney in 2020.  Eagerly waiting to see what she gets.  

My gut say Navigator was special...so, I suspect Voyager to get amped similar to Mariner/Adventure.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

What do they offer that is different?

Coming out of Brisbane a number of cruise lines head North to Cairns and Willis Island (They circle Willis Island which is just a tiny Island so they reach International waters and can sell duty free) and back. There would be an option to sail to New Castle and Sydney going the other way for short cruises.

It also takes much less time to sail to the South Pacific so you could have more port visits opening the possibility of new itineraries.

I do not anticipate cruises from Australia to New Zealand will change much.

Looking forward to seeing the 2020/21 cruises being released in April.

You can read that two ways.. it could be new itineraries with new ports - or it could be new itineraries with the same ports! I'm thinking the later.. but will be presently surprised if its not.

Some more cruises that extend further east to Fiji, Cook Islands, French Polynesia would be fantastic!

P&O and Princess are now going north out Brisbane to New Guinea islands. I would love to see this from Royal as well! Because come on who couldn't picture themselves here..

ejpw7S5.png

QSCP6V2.png

tb7vqEO.png

W2aADLs.png

Be tough to get into Alaska much earlier and staying much later doesn't make a lot of sense.  Right now during the first week of September stores in Alaska put everything on clearance and they don't replenish stock.  Tour operators are starting to cut back and pull out.  The vast majority of people you encounter working on land while in Alaska are seasonal workers who migrate in and out just for the summer tourist season.  They start to thin out early September and return to college or where ever.

I wonder if they have plans to alter Hawaii cruises or run back and forth to North America a few times rather than just once North/South. 

2020/21 itineraries are out... no real surprises. Very similar to previous years.

On 3/29/2019 at 3:18 PM, twangster said:

I wonder if they have plans to alter Hawaii cruises or run back and forth to North America a few times rather than just once North/South. 

Looks like Ovation is repositioning to Singapore in March 2021.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 1:50 AM, mattymay said:

Vancouver to Singapore straight across the North Pacific..there is literally nothing! I'm not sure how may people will sign up for 15 sea days in row! ?

To make money they would have to go via South Pacific through the islands to Australia then re-position again back up to Singapore. Even then I think they'd make more money with the non revenue run and a refurbed Radiance doing round trips from Brisbane in peak Australian season than spending that extra time on re-positioning cruises. 

All will be revealed 1st April I guess when the full itineraires are out.

Ask and you shall receive:

160144259_RadianceBeringSea.jpeg.9022f506082d3847ea74ffc63c786689.jpeg

On 3/19/2019 at 2:50 AM, mattymay said:

Vancouver to Singapore straight across the North Pacific..there is literally nothing! I'm not sure how may people will sign up for 15 sea days in row! ?

I'm sure there would be people interested for the right price.