Big News is Coming..

I think it is a new ship based on the wording. Debut implys something new we haven’t seen before. On Explorer a couple of weeks ago, the Entertainment Producer indicated Voyager was only doing one season.

He also said that they were looking to change the ships more frequently because of common feedback that the production shows are not changed regularly, in the case Explorer over 17 years

Hopefully RCI won’t disappoint, I would love to have Freedom class ship and maybe one ship all year round.

3 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Hopefully RCI won’t disappoint, I would love to have Freedom class ship and maybe one ship all year round.

I think you might be onto something there.. 

On closer inspection the pic looks like the aft of Freedom/Liberty of the Seas with the wooden seats behind the flow rider and the loungers. Voyager class ships don't have that much room at the back.

nb5uVIy.png

TQdbN1d.png

Perhaps with the addition of Odyssey of the Seas to North America this will free up a Freedom class to move to Australia.

The only problem with that is itineraries for Freedom, Indy, and Liberty are already out until April 2021. We could be waiting a while in that case! 

2 hours ago, kontraxed said:

I was thinking about booking Liberty in Jan. 2021. I wonder what happens if they move the ship?

If guests have booked a ship then they decide to dry dock or move her you get an email informing you that your cruise has been canceled.  Sometime you get some future cruise credit or OBC offer for another cruise.  

27 minutes ago, twangster said:

If guests have booked a ship then they decide to dry dock or move her you get an email informing you that your cruise has been canceled.  Sometime you get some future cruise credit or OBC offer for another cruise.  

That's what has us a little edgy about Freedom next March .... not know exactly when it will be amp'd makes us a little anxious .... Hopefully we'll have no issues and will be on her right after being amp's

8 hours ago, Traveler said:

Make sense that they will bring Liberty to Australia , as they are planning to move one of the Oasis to Galveston , for sure nice ship with the water slides and Broadway production 

I have to admit, does make plenty of sense for this to possibly be the case...certainly hope things are indeed proceeding in this direction. An Oasis Class ship porting out of Galveston would the closest mega class ship we may ever get, this close to the "Pacific Coast"

The dates for Vision of the Seas in Brisbane I posted above were a decoy for Radiance.

Radiance is still on the Sydney port schedule for 2020/21.. so the question is - is that a decoy for another ship?! 

The only ships left without a 2020/21 deployment are:

Empress (Cuba)

Jewel (Dubai)

Majesty (Cuba)

Ovation (Sydney)

Quantum (Asia)

Radiance (Brisbane)

Serenade ??

Spectrum (Asia)

Voyager (Sydney)

As @princevaliantus said the big surprise is looking like Serenade! Thanks for the big tease RCI!!!! ?

Reading between the lines, we have had our big adventure revealed but there is still a big debut to go.

i hope by big debut they mean a bigger ship, as although I like Radiance class ships I would like to see a Freedom class as well. 

They did used to have 4 ships down in this part of the world so they could go back to that, but as Explorer was always fully booked it seems there an opportunity for another larger ship alongside Ovation (assuming Ovation stays in Oct 2020/21) as well.

i enjoy the anticipation anyway, It is like waiting for Christmas Day not knowing what you are going to get.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Serenade has a westbound Panama Canal and Alaska season in 2020 so she is a logical choice to head South.

And she's doing the standard Hawaii run which all ships do on their way to Sydney.

TCacAPI.png

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

i enjoy the anticipation anyway, It is like waiting for Christmas Day not knowing what you are going to get.

I agree all this detective work is kinda fun!

Looking like Ovation, Voyager, Radiance and Serenade for 2020/21. 

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

Right, but a non-revenue run to Singapore.  You'd think they would try to recover some money on the way.  

How cool would that be, to be on a ship by yourself with just a skeleton crew.

Trying a different cabin every night

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Right, but a non-revenue run to Singapore.  You'd think they would try to recover some money on the way.  

Vancouver to Singapore straight across the North Pacific..there is literally nothing! I'm not sure how may people will sign up for 15 sea days in row! ?

To make money they would have to go via South Pacific through the islands to Australia then re-position again back up to Singapore. Even then I think they'd make more money with the non revenue run and a refurbed Radiance doing round trips from Brisbane in peak Australian season than spending that extra time on re-positioning cruises. 

All will be revealed 1st April I guess when the full itineraires are out.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

The multi-million dollar Radiance refresh got my attention.  

That also got my attention , this is the first time they are talking about investing (beside the usual dry dock for maintenance) in something smaller than the Voyager class.  interesting 

2 hours ago, mattymay said:

Vancouver to Singapore straight across the North Pacific..there is literally nothing! I'm not sure how may people will sign up for 15 sea days in row! ?

To make money they would have to go via South Pacific through the islands to Australia then re-position again back up to Singapore. Even then I think they'd make more money with the non revenue run and a refurbed Radiance doing round trips from Brisbane in peak Australian season than spending that extra time on re-positioning cruises. 

All will be revealed 1st April I guess when the full itineraires are out.

Celebrity does transpacific to Japan after the Alaska season. Pretty inexpensive.  Guess Royal has no market up there.   Millennium was refurbished in Singapore too so likely where she’ll go.  

4 hours ago, F1guynz said:

How cool would that be, to be on a ship by yourself with just a skeleton crew.

Trying a different cabin every night

A lot of the crew stay on during dry dock. Contractors live on the ship, get something like $2 beers and drink like fish.  They’ll likely start ripping the areas apart that will be upgraded at sea.  Saves some precious and costly dry dock time depending how extensive the work is. If carpet is getting replaced they often do that at sea when passengers aren’t present. 

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

That also got my attention , this is the first time they are talking about investing (beside the usual dry dock for maintenance) in something smaller than the Voyager class.  interesting 

Exactly.  Must plan on keeping the old girl around a while.  Serenade and Brilliance both have a more modern Centrum with LED color changing lights.   Will they just upgrade Radiance to her younger sister’s level or do a Voyager class type amplification?   

Im looking at Voyager in 2020 out of Sydney.  After sailing Mariner and Navigator with their make overs I’m really curious what Voyager will get based on her region.   Possibly some thing’s neither sisters got to suit her different market.

I sailed Radiance last September and she could use some TLC.   

Eagerly awaiting news on both refurbishments.  

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Celebrity does transpacific to Japan after the Alaska season. Pretty inexpensive.  Guess Royal has no market up there.   Millennium was refurbished in Singapore too so likely where she’ll go.  

Wow, looked that one up for fun.. via Russia as well. Pretty cheap for 15 nights.

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Im looking at Voyager in 2020 out of Sydney.  After sailing Mariner and Navigator with their make overs I’m really curious what Voyager will get based on her region.   Possibly some thing’s neither sisters got to suit her different market.

Eagerly awaiting this as well. If Voyager did South Pacific runs only then a makeover like Mariner and Navigator would be perfect. It could also serve the rumored Perfect Day off the coast of Australia in the future. The fact that it goes back to Singapore for half the year will make it interesting.

I'm a little surprise as well that Radiance OTS, for possibly this length of time...Sept-Nov. I read on cruise critic some time ago, that Radiance would be making a pit stop; however, it was not advertised as if it was being "amped" like the Freedom & Voyager Class ship were...so, I simply assumed it was just for regular schedule maintenance.

Yet, looking at the booking for the ship, the last sailing ends early in September & according to the advertisement, resume sailing in November...that approximately 2 months in dry dock. That sound more like "amping" than regular maintenance...which is normally two weeks, if not less. With that said, I'm very interested as well, what kind of changes this ship may get & the amount of investing.

Just a thought...what are the chances, given the possible length of time in dry dock, that Radiance OTS(or over time,the Radiance family of ships[4]) may get a boost in tonnage, much like, at one time, Enchantment OTS got several years ago. Radiance Class Ship are in the 90,000 tonnage range. To fit a reasonable number of venues, in Royal's "Amplification" process, could there be a consideration in "amping" the tonnage comparable to Carnival's Destiny Class(102,000 tonnage) ships or even their Conquest Class(110,000)?

1 minute ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Just a thought...what are the chances, given the possible length of time in dry dock, that Radiance OTS(or over time,the Radiance family of ships[4]) may get a boost in tonnage, much like, at one time, Enchantment OTS got several years ago. Radiance Class Ship are in the 90,000 tonnage range. To fit a reasonable number of venues, in Royal's "Amplification" process, could there be a consideration in "amping" the tonnage comparable to Carnival's Destiny Class(102,000 tonnage) ships or even their Conquest Class(110,000)?

She may gain some weight but I doubt they'll want to bust past the Panamax standards they are built to.  While there are now Panamax 2 standards for the new locks in the Panama Canal, there are other ports and facilities that cling to the idea of Panamax.  By keeping the Radiance class compliant it potentially simplifies access to more than just the original Panama Canal locks.  It could also impact resale value looking down the road for the inevitable sale 10+ years away.  

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

She may gain some weight but I doubt they'll want to bust past the Panamax standards they are built to.  While there are now Panamax 2 standards for the new locks in the Panama Canal, there are other ports and facilities that cling to the idea of Panamax.  By keeping the Radiance class compliant it potentially simplifies access to more than just the original Panama Canal locks.  It could also impact resale value looking down the road for the inevitable sale 10+ years away.  

Even if Royal went to 110,000 tonnage, that would still be far below the panamax 2 standard...which is 120,000 & well under, by far the original panamax of 52,500. I'm just speculating why Radiance would be in dry dock that apparent length of time(2 months), based on the last sailing & advertised 1st sail back, if it wasn't major refurbishment.

7 minutes ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Even if Royal went to 110,000 tonnage, that would still be far below the panamax 2 standard...which is 120,000 & well under, by far the original panamax of 52,500. I'm just speculating why Radiance would be in dry dock that apparent length of time(2 months), based on the last sailing & advertised 1st sail back, if it wasn't major refurbishment.

When Enchantment was enlarged it went wayyyy over budget and was a cluster.  Royal lost their appetite to expand ships.  I don't see them growing the ship.   That would be hundreds of millions and take many months.  

It takes a week or more to make it over to Singapore from Vancouver and there will be some time to test and re-certify any changes post dry dock then make it down to Brisbane.  It's more like 5-6 weeks in dry dock.   That's not actually a lot of time for major changes.  When I was on her the chairs in public places were showing signs of age.    I'm expecting some minor changes like the concierge club being converted into a suite lounge, new carpet, new lighting, cabin refresh, new displays, new carpet, dining room refresh,  etc.  

"Multi-Million" is rather vague but well shy of the "hundred million" that went into Mariner and Navigator each.    

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

When Enchantment was enlarged it went wayyyy over budget and was a cluster.  Royal lost their appetite to expand ships.  I don't see them growing the ship.   That would be hundreds of millions and take many months.  

It takes a week or more to make it over to Singapore from Vancouver and there will be some time to test and re-certify any changes post dry dock then make it down to Brisbane.  It's more like 5-6 weeks in dry dock.   That's not actually a lot of time for major changes.  When I was on her the chairs in public places were showing signs of age.    I'm expecting some minor changes like the concierge club being converted into a suite lounge, new carpet, new lighting, cabin refresh, new displays, new carpet, dining room refresh,  etc.  

"Multi-Million" is rather vague but well shy of the "hundred million" that went into Mariner and Navigator each.    

Ok...I follow you. So, some new venues & a lot of cosmetic touch ups(bedding, carpeting, chairs, lighting, card readers, etc).