Drink Package in MDR

1 hour ago, Drcruise said:

Can we order frozen drinks in the main dining room? We have always ordered wine with our Deluxe package but never cocktails or mixed drinks. We will be sailing on the Harmony of the Seas in June.

Yes but it often takes a LONG time to get cocktails (of any kind) in the MDR. In fairness, this is often true in the specialty restaunts that do not have their own bars as well.

7 minutes ago, Gwyneth said:

Does the mdr American Icon grill have its own bar so that we can get our own cocktails without waiting for a drinks server?

I've never seen a mdr that has this.  I always stop for a glass of ? on the way and order a second one immediately before dinner.  It usually arrives about perfectly half way through dinner.  Jane

1 hour ago, Gwyneth said:

Does the mdr American Icon grill have its own bar so that we can get our own cocktails without waiting for a drinks server?

sorry No. None of the MDR's have their own bars.. Like others posted it often takes a long time to get cocktails in the dining room 

Some MDR's do have their own bars in the galley but they are not full service bars in the sense that they stock very limited selections.  

For example on a galley tour I saw this on Navigator:

VoQqhbq.jpg

This was at a station in the galley that could locally satisfy basic requests including C&A Diamond happy hour drinks.  Anything beyond that including frozen drinks would require fulfillment from the closest full service bar.  Newer ships have several behind the scenes "service bars" in addition to the public facing bars we are see (and visit).   On this ship in this galley area they could also make certain types of specialty coffee and supply soda/pop orders.

r0LWHHh.jpg

So the answer is - like always   ...it depends.

15 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I've never seen a mdr that has this.  I always stop for a glass of ? on the way and order a second one immediately before dinner.  It usually arrives about perfectly half way through dinner.  Jane

I never had problems getting my wine pretty quickly on Mariner, BUT I didn't order anything very obscure - just the one Reisling that they seem to have had widely available.  I think I'll employ this strategy on Ovation, though, just to be safe!