just have to share with those who will understand :)

ang73

Hello all!!

I haven't been on the site in quite a while because we were busy planning a Walt Disney World vacation for this October and I was consumed with all that came with it.  But I just have to share with you what my kids have said since returning home from vacation 2 days ago.

First of all , we are a huge Disney family.  Have done the parks, the cruises, and my kids have grown up only knowing Disney vacations.  That is until fall of 2014 when we went on our first RCI cruise on FOS and had a wonderful time!!  I shared on one of Matt's periscopes that my 8 yr old daughter had told me before we left for Disney last week that Disney would be the 2nd best vacation place because our cruise on FOS was the best.

Well, you know how kids are, and whatever they did most recent is the best.  So I totally expected this to change after Disney.  Well, I asked my 8 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son, both separately at the end of the trip. And they BOTH said without hesitation "The FOS cruise"

I was shocked!!  But honestly I think I agree.  Disney is amazing and has some things you can only get at Disney, but I found myself very done with the trip and exhausted by the end.  Instead of like at the end of our cruise where all I wanted to do was get back onboard!!

Also, I didn't even ask my 16 yr old what he thought because I knew his answer.  Because he told me multiple times at Disney "there are no teenagers here to hang out with".  Now of course there were teens, but there was no place to get together and meet them.  He made so many friends on our cruise in the teen area and had a great time hanging out with all of them!

Sorry this is so long, but I just had to share!  We are really missing RCI and aren't booked again until Fall 2016.  On Freedom again!!  But until then I will count down, enjoy the blogs, boards and periscopes and dream of the cruise!!

Thanks for listening!!

Angela  

That's awesome, Angela!

My kids also love going to Disney World but taking a cruise is also really exciting for them.  My 4 year old loves going to Adventure Ocean and I agree that we come off the ship much more relaxed than when we go to WDW.

Glad to hear you have another cruise booked and I hope we will continue to see you around here and on Periscope.

P.S. I LOVE hanging out on Periscope, so I am glad to hear you are enjoying it too!

I am a huge Disney Fan too Angela, but I too seem to come home exhausted and not relaxed so my number one choice always going to an RCL Cruise.. I Also love hanging out on Periscope with matt and everyone.. Matt do one tonight I am missing Royal today after you posted that Harmony video!

agree - I think Disney is beginning to out prices themselves somewhat- and like you

I have done all of it Parks, cruise and Adventures by Disney (best product I think)

but cruises give you lots more for your money and you have many, many ships

and places you can go - and I love Freedom

So glad you family enjoyed it

Hello all!!

I haven't been on the site in quite a while because we were busy planning a Walt Disney World vacation for this October and I was consumed with all that came with it.  But I just have to share with you what my kids have said since returning home from vacation 2 days ago.

First of all , we are a huge Disney family.  Have done the parks, the cruises, and my kids have grown up only knowing Disney vacations.  That is until fall of 2014 when we went on our first RCI cruise on FOS and had a wonderful time!!  I shared on one of Matt's periscopes that my 8 yr old daughter had told me before we left for Disney last week that Disney would be the 2nd best vacation place because our cruise on FOS was the best.

Well, you know how kids are, and whatever they did most recent is the best.  So I totally expected this to change after Disney.  Well, I asked my 8 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son, both separately at the end of the trip. And they BOTH said without hesitation "The FOS cruise"

I was shocked!!  But honestly I think I agree.  Disney is amazing and has some things you can only get at Disney, but I found myself very done with the trip and exhausted by the end.  Instead of like at the end of our cruise where all I wanted to do was get back onboard!!

Also, I didn't even ask my 16 yr old what he thought because I knew his answer.  Because he told me multiple times at Disney "there are no teenagers here to hang out with".  Now of course there were teens, but there was no place to get together and meet them.  He made so many friends on our cruise in the teen area and had a great time hanging out with all of them!

Sorry this is so long, but I just had to share!  We are really missing RCI and aren't booked again until Fall 2016.  On Freedom again!!  But until then I will count down, enjoy the blogs, boards and periscopes and dream of the cruise!!

Thanks for listening!!

Angela  

The avaialbility of programs for all ages and the value of a Royal Caribbean cruises are what keep me coming back. If the value goes away, as it has for Disney, then I will unfortunately have to look for other options. Until then, it's happy cruising with RCI !!!

I'm guessing my son (8) would say the same thing.

We were going to go to Disneyland for his birthday with his cousins (almost $700 for one day last year), but he said he'd rather go to local seaside park in San Diego instead ($18 pp instead). Go figure. Of course, I wanted to go to Disneyland and will just need to be content with running through the parks before they open, which kills me.

We are also big Disney Fans (WDW and Cruises) and have loved it all. But you are correct about the cost. The cost for a 7 night Liberty of the Seas cruise that I am looking at for February '16, including airfare from KC to Galveston is at LEAST $1500-3500 less than an 7 night Disney Cruise....without airfare (same time frame)! And comparing the same RCI cruise to a WDW trip for only 5 nights for the same Feb timeframe (with air) is about the same. So RCI is giving me more bang for my buck!

Also, please explain this "periscope" thing to this newbie!! Pretty Please!!!

Also, please explain this "periscope" thing to this newbie!! Pretty Please!!!

Periscope is a free app for smart phones or tablets, where folks can broadcast.

I do a number of broadcasts on Periscope, talking about Royal Caribbean and you should definitely join in!

All you have to do is install Periscope on your iPhone/Android phone or iPad and then follow @therclblog: http://www.royalcaribbean.live

Let me know if you have any questions!

We cancelled a week in a grand villa at Bay Lake Tower at Christmas to schedule our first RCL cruise (Oasis of the Seas).  We too are veteran Disney cruisers.  I'm excited to see what RCL has to offer.  

Probably a better financial decision!  I think you made a good choice and Oasis of the Seas is such a great ship too!