Ultimate Dining Package and My Time Dining

11 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

We have the UDP for our Radiance Alaska Sailing this July. Got it for a steal during the Black Friday sale. Curious, can we also schedule My Time Dining, in case we'd like to go to the MDR instead? I'm assuming so, but I don't want to bugger anything up with the UDP.

You absolutely could do that. I just think most people with the package don't lol but there is nothing against it.. Just like you could eat at Chops at 5:30 and go to the MDR my time dining at 9 if you really wanted to. 

1 minute ago, AGSLC5 said:

You absolutely could do that. I just think most people with the package don't lol but there is nothing against it.. Just like you could eat at Chops at 5:30 and go to the MDR my time dining at 9 if you really wanted to. 

Thanks. No way we would eat at specialty and MDR in the same night. We don't plan to eat at Samba and would like to replace it in the rotation with another venue. MDR would be that venue.

12 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Thanks. No way we would eat at specialty and MDR in the same night. We don't plan to eat at Samba and would like to replace it in the rotation with another venue. MDR would be that venue.

you could totally do that.. Also don't forget you can repeat any specialty restaurant you want also. So you don't have to replace it with the MDR.. It would be a shame to waste a night with the MDR because it makes your cost per meal go up. But hey if you want the MDR go for it and enjoy

Also remember that if you are dining in a specialty restaurant but there is something on the MDR menu that night that you really want (lobster tails or lamb shank comes to mind), you can always ask the specialty restaurant waiter to bring you something from the MDR.  We do this often. No need to miss your favorite MDR dish just b/c you are dining in a specialty restaurant that night !

6 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

you could totally do that.. Also don't forget you can repeat any specialty restaurant you want also. So you don't have to replace it with the MDR.. It would be a shame to waste a night with the MDR because it makes your cost per meal go up. But hey if you want the MDR go for it and enjoy

We got UDP for a steal,  at $126/pp for 7 nights. I understand your point regarding the cost per meal going up, makes sense. I like the dining rotation on Mickey's ship and was wanting to do something similar on RCL. Actually, because of our DS I see us at Izumi at least once a day. ? Fine by me, can't wait to try the hot rocks and the DX sushi combo. OH yeah, also signed up for the sushi making class. Plan of action, then: specialty all the way, request MDR menu items as desired @WAAAYTOOO, lunch in windjammer or in port. Your point is REALLY making sense to me now, especially since we will probably eat in port twice, plus the sushi making class (@$30/pp). Thanks for helping me see that!! 

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Make sure you have MTD selected on your cruise for dining time and not traditional.  Not sure if buying the UDP will default your reservation to that.

We have UDP and are still showing 8:00 traditional dining. We booked just a couple weeks ago for a sailing in early April - it was the only choice for dining. I’m planning to visit MDR on embarkation day and release our table since we won’t use it, in case anyone is on a wait list for late traditional dining. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Also remember that if you are dining in a specialty restaurant but there is something on the MDR menu that night that you really want (lobster tails or lamb shank comes to mind), you can always ask the specialty restaurant waiter to bring you something from the MDR.  We do this often. No need to miss your favorite MDR dish just b/c you are dining in a specialty restaurant that night !

Sooooo, "Lobster Night" at Geovanni's is doable?

8 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Sooooo, "Lobster Night" at Geovanni's is doable?

Should be unless you run into a waiter who doesn’t want to or has been told not to do so.   There is no official policy so like so many things on Royal it can be different on each ship or with a different manager.  It never hurts to ask before formal night so you can adjust plans.  

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  I''ve never had a waiter tell me "no".  Just remember that when they bring food from another venue, somebody has had to go and fetch it....so I make sure I let them know I appreciate the effort - nice tip !

Yes! ALWAYS a nice tip. Tipping says waaaaaaay more about the person tipping than about the service received. We should try to always be generous and gracious even when we don't feel like it. It says a lot about us. Even if the waiter says "no, I can't bring you the lobster" (many good reasons why they may not be able to, and that's none of my business as I am asking THEM to go out of their way for ME).

On 4/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, Baked Alaska said:

We should try to always be generous and gracious even when we don't feel like it. It says a lot about us.

#lifegoals

But seriously...we I should live like this all the time then when we're I'm cruising, it's just natural.  ?