Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, videjuca said:

Is there any quantity you recommend to bit for each category?

Honestly, between ships and categories I've seen such drastically different minimums and maximums that I can't recommend any specific bids. The best thing to do is see what it would cost you to pay outright for an upgrade, if you're cool with that then do it! Otherwise, bid an amount less than what it would cost you to upgrade that you're comfortable with and see what happens. Remember that your bid is for 2 people! If you bid $100 you'll be charged $200.

I like to bid amounts slightly above "round" numbers (110 instead of 100 for example) just because I think it improves my odds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelaine said:

I'm 4 days to sail and just got an acceptance! Yay- upgrade to Owner's Suite. I'm so happy we'll have extra room. (4 people in any cabin always feels like a lot)

Congratulations !  The OS is incredible.  SO much space and full dining tables inside and out.  Plus - a bidet !!!  Woot !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Is it safe to assume that since my cruise is sold out that my bid won't be accepted? Do they let you know if you've been declined? 

You never know.  People cancel cruises all the time, even on short notice.  Stuff happens.  With 3,000 or more guests on board it happens quite often.  

If a last minute cancellation occurs Royal Up can suddenly come to life and award an upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, twangster said:

You never know.  People cancel cruises all the time, even on short notice.  Stuff happens.  With 3,000 or more guests on board it happens quite often.  

If a last minute cancellation occurs Royal Up can suddenly come to life and award an upgrade.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know if Royal RoyalUp'ed your room when your flight got cancelled last week !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I meant....I wonder if someone got your room via a RoyalUp bid since you never showed up !!

Only if the crew are allowed to bid on an interior cabin...

Royal UP sends rejection emails at T-24 hours.  A no show at the pier would require they wait until sailing to confirm if guest didn't make it and even then they have to wait to hear if guest s going to catch the ship at the next port. 

I don't think Royal UP has a play with day of departure missing guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Only if the crew are allowed to bid on an interior cabin...

 

I guess I got your "unfortunate situations" mixed up.  I GUESS I was really referring to your [more] recent misfortune on Liberty where the ship sailed without you,

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't think Royal UP has a play with day of departure missing guests.

I think you are absolutely right.  I suspect that the RoyalUp offers are dead once the T-24 passes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

Only if the crew are allowed to bid on an interior cabin...

Royal UP sends rejection emails at T-24 hours.  A no show at the pier would require they wait until sailing to confirm if guest didn't make it and even then they have to wait to hear if guest s going to catch the ship at the next port. 

I don't think Royal UP has a play with day of departure missing guests.

The onboard comedian this week was probably happy to have a real room istead of a crew room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 11:30 PM, jagnew said:

In January we cruised in a Grand Suite that I found on sale as an upgrade to the Junior Suite we had originally booked.  After getting home, I put in a Royal Up bid on a GS for the cruise we are taking this week with my children on Enchantment to move from the JS (one of the rear facing potentially toxic ones, per the live blog!) we had booked originally.  I checked a few times and suites were sold out for at least the past 8 weeks, so no harm done, figured we'd settle in and I'd hope to not have any issues to deal with this cruise.  Two nights ago I logged into the app and our room number had changed and our bid was accepted...  

All that is to say, I have no idea how this works.  Unless someone cancelled above us, I can't see how we got moved up a class, but I am glad for the extra space.  My children, along with my spouse, will now be completely spoiled for normal rooms.

How much did you bid on the GS per person? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back of Oasis today. We had a really cheap guarantee room that was assigned about 4 weeks prior. We bid on several rooms but the sailing was sold out. 4 days before the sailing our "good" bid on an ocean balcony was accepted and we ended up on deck 14 in a great room. In the day or two before the bid was accepted they had a few rooms come back on sale so I imagine that it was late cancellations. The other thing is that you don't need the email to bid. I can't place the link at the moment but will do so later. A final note is that this is not unique to RCI, it is run by a company called plusgrade.com who upsell for many companies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruisemad888 said:

My RoyalUp was accepted today. Going from Guarantee balcony to Grand suite 🤗

 

what extra perks arks should I be expecting?

YIPPEE !!!

Your suite perks depend on the ship.  If you are on an Oasis or Quantum class ship you will receive complimentary Voom.  If one of the other classes, Voom is not a suite perk.

What ship are you sailing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cruisemad888 said:

My RoyalUp was accepted today. Going from Guarantee balcony to Grand suite 🤗

 

what extra perks arks should I be expecting?

Nice - if you are on one of the O-classes, you'll get access to the Coastal Kitchen.  That's one of the best perks of suite classes IMO  😎   just ask @Lovetocruise2002 about it - lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cruisemad888 said:

My RoyalUp was accepted today. Going from Guarantee balcony to Grand suite 🤗

 

what extra perks arks should I be expecting?

Awesome upgrade!  You will get Sky Class perks if you are on Oasis or Quantum class.  I also have the non-O and Q suite perks saved.  Let me know if you need it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !!!

Your suite perks depend on the ship.  If you are on an Oasis or Quantum class ship you will receive complimentary Voom.  If one of the other classes, Voom is not a suite perk.

What ship are you sailing ?

Explorer of the Seas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Awesome upgrade!  You will get Sky Class perks if you are on Oasis or Quantum class.  I also have the non-O and Q suite perks saved.  Let me know if you need it.

Ooh tell me more. On the Explorer sailing from Southampton on Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cruisemad888 said:

Ooh tell me more. On the Explorer sailing from Southampton on Friday 

This is for Navigator but it is going to be pretty much the same thing.

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Nadja Durdevic your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge
Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience,

here is a brief summary of those services:

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ).
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc.
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early.
·        Arrangements for private parties.

·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions).
·        Business services such as copies, etc.
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent).
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance).


The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent

or guardian at all times.

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8903 from any vessel’s phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation
more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Navigator of the Seas.


Best Regards,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is for Navigator but it is going to be pretty much the same thing.

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Nadja Durdevic your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge
Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience,

here is a brief summary of those services:

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard.
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am.
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine.
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ).
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc.
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early.
·        Arrangements for private parties.

·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions).
·        Business services such as copies, etc.
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent).
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance).


The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent

or guardian at all times.

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8903 from any vessel’s phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation
more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Navigator of the Seas.


Best Regards,

 

Very nice. Thank you. This is only my 3rd ever cruise! What are the perks you have saved up? Confused on that part 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruisemad888 said:

Very nice. Thank you. This is only my 3rd ever cruise! What are the perks you have saved up? Confused on that part 😊

Sorry, that was misunderstood. I meant that I had the non-O/Q class perks saved in my files (which that is what I just posted for you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruisemad888 said:

Thank you so much. This will calm down DH as I think he is still in shock that our bid was accepted 🤣

That is a great upgrade!  The only thing to note is that you won't get the double Crown and Anchor points that you usually get for sailing in a suite.  Other than that, the perks all come along with the upgrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...