IZUMI Teppanyaki Table

SLJ

We plan to book the Hibachi table at Izumi with our 3 and 5 yo. But I don't see a kids menu for it. Are they required to order a combo each? Or can they eat off of our plates?  Any notes would be appreciated since this is our first cruise.

When we took ours there was a kids menu. Unfortunately I didn’t remember to take a picture of it. I remember it being just single meats rather than the combo options. Our daughter ordered one of the combos and still was only charged the kids price of 10$. If possible I’d definitely book ahead, Izumi on Harmony at least was nearly completely filled Up before the cruise even started. If you book for you and your wife there’s usually not a problem fitting the kids in. If you book for all four, they’ll refund the difference between the adult and child’s price. At least that’s how it was explained before, is that your understanding @Matt?

1 minute ago, whenismynextcruise said:

A 3 and a 5 year old at a Hibatchi grill? Plese post what ship and when so I can make sure if I am booked I skip that night at IZUMI.

Sounds like you’re so much fun out. Maybe chef’s table is for you, Teppanyaki is meant to be fun. Not a very good way to make a new member feel welcome either. There’s room for that over on “that other message board”

SLJ- I’m sure your kids will love it, make sure to get the Mochi for dessert. 

BFECDE95-36A3-44BC-A3B1-B7B182262ADD.jpeg

BAC2CA5E-12AA-4D46-8591-78DC9FEB871D.jpeg

53CBF7EB-9A1B-4F17-9532-8CFD75E640A3.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Has anyone had any experience in doing Habachi with people who don’t eat meat or seafood? Thanks 

While not part of our party, there was another person at the table who didn’t eat meat, they stuck to the fried rice and vegetables. It’s really more of an issue of avoidance or allergy. If you’re allergic, it’s a bigger issues as the grill is a big co-mingled space.