First Time RC Cruiser

kbgwosdz

We have cruised 5 times but on Carnival. This May will be our first Royal Caribbean out of Galveston. I am finding that the website to use in planning your already booked cruise, is not as user friendly as Carnivals. Regardless, I am wondering how I chose which time we want to dine? In the website (logged in), it just give me options to pay for out-of-pocket dinners. Am I silly to assume that dinners on RC are similar to Carnival and you can pick your eating time and sit at the same table with the same people with the same wait staff, every night? Any advice and info pertaining to everything about cruising with RC is appreciated.

20 minutes ago, kbgwosdz said:

We have cruised 5 times but on Carnival. This May will be our first Royal Caribbean out of Galveston. I am finding that the website to use in planning your already booked cruise, is not as user friendly as Carnivals. Regardless, I am wondering how I chose which time we want to dine? In the website (logged in), it just give me options to pay for out-of-pocket dinners. Am I silly to assume that dinners on RC are similar to Carnival and you can pick your eating time and sit at the same table with the same people with the same wait staff, every night? Any advice and info pertaining to everything about cruising with RC is appreciated.

It depends. When you booked, you should have been given the option to choose between 5:30 or 8:00 pm seatings, or to choose something called 'My Time Dining'. If you chose MTD, you can eat at whatever time you like, either by reserving in advance by the day, or by showing up at the time you want. Most people say there can be a minimal wait (up to about 15 minutes) if you just show up. 

2 hours ago, kbgwosdz said:

It will say on your invoice if you have Traditional Dining or My Time Dining.  If you have Traditional, the time is already chosen. For My Time, you can schedule ahead of time when you want to eat and when you sign up it will look like it's charging you, but the charge is zero, so don't worry about it.

20190315_133820.jpg