When to check in online?

SLJ

Hi all! This is my first post on this blog and I must say I find this community super helpful and friendly!  :)  I'll be going on Allure in May. I'm wondering when do you guys usually check-in online? And do you get earlier boarding time if you check-in earlier? I'm about 60 days out, should I check-in now?

Thank you!

UK is the same, I've always tried to time things go we hit the Terminal just after 10AM regardless of what check in time they give on the set sail pass.

That way you get on board early and can start enjoying. Once you hear that little beep of them checking your pass on board its like a huge weight gets lifted, instant de-stress

20 minutes ago, rtread said:

Please someone explain what "checking-in" is referring to in this thread. I have the Cruise Planner going. What else do I need to do to "check-in"?

When logged in at royalcaribbean.com in the same place you access the cruise planner there is an option to check in.

1315165678_Checkin.jpeg.07721b50afe0951ebd82cf7eb0fd7dfd.jpeg

Here you can enter details such as passport, credit card, etc. and accept the terms of the cruise contract.  Once that is complete and closer to sail date the SetSail pass and luggage tags can be found in this area.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

When logged in at royalcaribbean.com in the same place you access the cruise planner there is an option to check in.

1315165678_Checkin.jpeg.07721b50afe0951ebd82cf7eb0fd7dfd.jpeg

Here you can enter details such as passport, credit card, etc. and accept the terms of the cruise contract.  Once that is complete and closer to sail date the SetSail pass and luggage tags can be found in this area.

Thanks all! I'm way beyond being embarrassed by my ignorance but I'm wondering if I will hit OVERLOAD before the big date gets here. What's funny is my cursor has been less than an inch away from CHECK-IN hundreds of times and I missed it. There is a wealth of knowledge here and friendly, helpful people so maybe this steep learning curve will eventually level out. Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, rtread said:

Thanks all! I'm way beyond being embarrassed by my ignorance but I'm wondering if I will hit OVERLOAD before the big date gets here. What's funny is my cursor has been less than an inch away from CHECK-IN hundreds of times and I missed it. There is a wealth of knowledge here and friendly, helpful people so maybe this steep learning curve will eventually level out. Thanks for the help!

We've all been there...  just pay it forward when you get a chance.  ? 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, rtread said:

I'm on the same boat! My last cruise was fifteen years ago and oh my, SO MUCH has changed (for the better) in cruising so now I'm like a newbie. Part of the fun for me is the research :) Builds anticipation. Also, you don't HAVE to check-in online, but by doing so it'll speed up your embarkation process (so I was told :)  Have fun on your upcoming vacation!