Price Reduction After Final Payment

Hi everyone! We paid our final balance for our upcoming western Mediterranean cruise on Oasis of the Seas prior to the due date in February. I checked this afternoon to see if there were any suites left and while there isn't, I noticed that the overall cost for our room type (Ocean View Balcony) has dropped by about $350. The room is in the exact same category on the same deck (12) on the opposite side of the ship (we don't care which side we're on). We'd lose out on the $75 on board credit, however, it would still be a savings of about $275. 

Is there any point in contacting RC to see if they'll make a price adjustment? I booked everything myself and didn't use a travel agent. We understand that since it's past the final payment date there might be nothing that can be done.  Thank you! 

If you booked in the UK there may be different policies in place.  

In the US in years past they used to be better about doing something after final payment due date.  After they lost ~$70M USD with the 2017 hurricanes they grew more stingy.  

It never hurts to ask but often the best you can do is move to a better room with a small increase in rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from the UK but used an US travel agent for mine and my parents cruise on the Harmony next month.

I booked my parents cruise 3 weeks ago and paid in full but now seen the price dropped by $500 .

Reading a lot about getting priced adjust/matched on this site .

Does this apply to me? 

1 hour ago, laylay said:

I'm from the UK but used an US travel agent for mine and my parents cruise on the Harmony next month.

I booked my parents cruise 3 weeks ago and paid in full but now seen the price dropped by $500 .

Does this apply to me? 

After final payment, your best option would be an upgrade if there's a better room available for a lower price than you paid or if you are willing to pay the difference.  Reach out to your travel agent and they should be able to check on that for you.

10 hours ago, laylay said:

Does this apply to me? 

Even if your cruise is paid in full you can still take advantage of a price drop as LONG as the final payment date has not passed.  If it is past final payment date, as Ashley said, upgrading is really your only option as you would have to pay a rebooking penalty which would almost certainly be more than any price difference.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:31 AM, AshleyDillo said:

After final payment, your best option would be an upgrade if there's a better room available for a lower price than you paid or if you are willing to pay the difference.  Reach out to your travel agent and they should be able to check on that for you.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Even if your cruise is paid in full you can still take advantage of a price drop as LONG as the final payment date has not passed.  If it is past final payment date, as Ashley said, upgrading is really your only option as you would have to pay a rebooking penalty which would almost certainly be more than any price difference.

Thanks.

Will ask the agent if they could do anything for my parents.

Some reason I'm bit nervous/scared to ask ???

4 hours ago, laylay said:

Thanks.

Will ask the agent if they could do anything for my parents.

Some reason I'm bit nervous/scared to ask ???

I’d double check to make sure the price still is cheaper before calling.

When I originally started this topic there was a price difference in what I paid, however, by the time I was going to call Royal Caribbean, the price had changed again. To me it wasn’t worth going through the hassle as the update price was only $25 or so cheaper than what I had paid. 

1 hour ago, scottish67 said:

I’d double check to make sure the price still is cheaper before calling.

When I originally started this topic there was a price difference in what I paid, however, by the time I was going to call Royal Caribbean, the price had changed again. To me it wasn’t worth going through the hassle as the update price was only $25 or so cheaper than what I had paid. 

Just checked and the price did go up.

Was $500 cheaper for over a week but didn't think to do anything. 

Nvm. Now I know what to do for next time. ?