All Access Ship Tour

VinceC

3 minutes ago, Frogfanatic said:

I, too, am interested in this tour.  It's right up my alley.  I have heard/read that you can find the prices and availability on the Cruise Planner, but for some reason I can't find it.  Could anyone please tell me specifically it is? Thanks 

It depends on how far out your cruise is. You might not see it yet, but it will be under the "Activities" portion of "Activities and Entertainment" 

@Frogfanatic yes, it definitely should be. If it's sold out, I'm not sure if they pull it from the cruise planner or just mark it as sold out. Maybe try checking back daily to see if it shows up again. Someone might cancel! Also it can't hurt to ask on board in case they held back some spots for onboard booking. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jamespb78 said:

I read in another thread that the all acces ship tour is only offered once per cruise, and only takes 15 people?  Is that correct?

If not, how often does it run?

That sounds like it could be correct. I'm honestly not sure how often it runs, or the tour capacity but I've taken the tour a few times and I don't recall seeing more than about 15 or so people.  In some of the spaces, more than that would be really tough to manage.

On my upcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise 5/26/19, the All Access Tour is offered on the two sea days (2 & 7).  It is supposed to be a 2-hour tour with starting times of 8:30AM, 9:00AM, and 9:30AM both days.

I've been on this tour before (on Oasis), and it is limited to about 15 people per group.

Also be aware that you are checked with a wand metal detector carefully before being allowed to go the the engine control room and the bridge.  They also don't allow video to be taken, but allow as many pictures as you want.

I just purchased our All Access tours rather than wait and be disappointed. It was listed in the Entertainment & Activities section of the Cruise Planner....seems like it had been prominent on the Home page.

I'm assuming I'll be able to take pictures on the tour.....are there any restrictions?

3 hours ago, rtread said:

I'm assuming I'll be able to take pictures on the tour.....are there any restrictions?

Overview

Get a behind-the-scenes look at what we do to create your best vacation ever. Join your friendly guide for an exclusive narrated tour onboard your ship. Start off in the dining room, where you’ll find out what our crew does to get ready for every meal, plus try to set up a table yourself. Do you know where to place the water glass or soup spoon? Walk through the main galley to see how our delicious dishes are prepared, plus take a look at the provision area to see all of the ingredients we need to have on hand — it’s a lot! Then step inside the engine control room, where we monitor the systems used throughout the ship. You’ll also visit the ship’s vast laundry facilities. See where anything from napkins, table cloths and sheets to beach towels and the laundry you request gets cleaned and folded. Plus, you’ll have a chance to stroll the “I-95,” the long corridor in the crew’s area, named after the longest highway on the U.S. east coast. Finish with a real treat – a visit to the Bridge for a tour of the ship’s command center.

Helpful Hints

• Flip-flops are not permitted in the galley for safety reasons. Please wear closed-toe shoes.
  • Comfortable clothing with long pants

What to Bring

• SeaPass Card and photo identification
  • Camera

Restrictions

• Minimum age 6 yrs

image.png

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We were hoping to book this onboard the ship since we wanted to use our onboard credit on it. Does anyone have any experience booking this once onboard the ship? Would you expect it to sell out before the cruise?

Depending on the ship and how many groups (and sea days) they offer it.  I was on Freedom in May 2015, and was able to snag the last two open seats on the tour (which was on day 6) at about the day 3 or 4 mark, so there is hope! 

On Harmony (5/26/19 sailing), they are offering 6 groups total of about 15 people each, so I would think there are pretty good odds of being able to book it onboard.

27 minutes ago, MarvinS said:

Depending on the ship and how many groups (and sea days) they offer it.  I was on Freedom in May 2015, and was able to snag the last two open seats on the tour (which was on day 6) at about the day 3 or 4 mark, so there is hope! 

On Harmony (5/26/19 sailing), they are offering 6 groups total of about 15 people each, so I would think there are pretty good odds of being able to book it onboard.

We are going on Ovation in July to Alaska. Since it's a big ship we probably will be fine then if they offer more times.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 8:33 PM, jamespb78 said:

How far before the cruise can this be booked?

Just following up on this previous post of mine.  The all access ship tour became available in my cruise planner today - 476 days before our cruise!  Surprised it was listed this far out.   Booked it for $163 AUD per person.