Aruba Suggestions

xxgatorzxx

Hi all,  We will be sailing on the Navigator of the Seas on the 29th to the ABC islands.  We have from 8 to midnight in Aruba,  what suggestion to best capitalize on our time there?  We are considering doing the beginner scuba diving excursion.  That is 4 hours so still have like 8 hours to kill after that.  Thanks in advance for you input.

xxgatorzxx

We spent a week there last year....absolutely fabulous place.  It's amazing though how one side of the island is full of condos, hotels and beautiful beaches and the other side of the island looks like Mars or something lol.

We stayed at a Marriot on Palm Beach.....Fantastic beach with many restaurants and a lot of activities going on.

Eagle Beach is also really nice.

My favorite was probably Baby Beach though.  It's in a less populated area and didn't seem to be nearly as full of tourists when we were there.  The water there was calmer, clear, great for snorkling.  Not much in the way of restaurants or other activities though.  This is where I'd head if I wanted to just have a more relaxing type beach day.  

It seems like all the beaches are within about 20 minutes of the port depending on traffic.

As far as other things to do, we really enjoyed using a company called ABC Tours.  They run some Jeep tours to see some stuff on the other side of the island that is much more untouched.  There's natural bridges and some other historical type stuff.

I'm heading back to Aruba in December myself on a cruise so will probably be watching this thread myself for ideas.  The beaches are so nice that I'm not sure I'll want to do much besides just heading to a beach though ?