Shopping for Cruise Wear....What to Buy?

Looking for help on what to buy/wear on a cruise leaving from the North in cold weather?  I booked a cruise leaving the first week of March  2020 from NY heading to the Bahamas.  I'm starting to shop for cruise wear but not sure what to wear or bring when going from cold weather to warm.  I dont want to over pack and bring things that I dont need, but want to make sure I have the things that I will need.  

18 minutes ago, klemire626 said:

Looking for help on what to buy/wear on a cruise leaving from the North in cold weather?  I booked a cruise leaving the first week of March  2020 from NY heading to the Bahamas.  I'm starting to shop for cruise wear but not sure what to wear or bring when going from cold weather to warm.  I dont want to over pack and bring things that I dont need, but want to make sure I have the things that I will need.  

I went from Minnesota to Miami in February (real temps were -20 in Minnesota, doesn't include wind chill).  I was able to get a ride to the airport and leave my heavy coat with the driver, and just wore jeans, shirt and zip up sweatshirt for the airplane. The rest of my clothes were for warm weather (over 65 - to me, that's warm, so shorts/short sleeves/sandals). The driver just brought me my jacket when he picked me up on the way back.  If I hadn't had this option my plan was to roll my jacket up and strap it to my carry on. 

We've sailed out of Bayonne in March a few times, and out of Boston in late October.  Expect the warmer temps to arrive by the end of day 2.  You will have to pack clothes for cold weather leaving and coming back, but that's really it.  Two pairs of long pants with a long-sleeve shirt is enough.  Bring a cardigan type sweater for layering.  That sweater will come in handy as the windy evenings can get chilly on deck and the ship can get a bit cool when they turn up the a/c.  

I usually have a warm coat as well, but we drive to Bayonne so we leave it in the car.  When we fly, we leave a bit of room in the suitcase so we can put the coat inside when we get to the airport.  

A week before the cruise you should have a good sense of what kind of temps to expect, but I'd say you should get a decent fleece jacket.  You don't need something to withstand arctic blasts necessarily, but a jacket that would keep you warm in temperatures in the 30s or 40s.