Limited amount of drinks per day/hour when you have the adult drink package?

Welcome to the message boards!

There is a short time between drinks and they won't serve you another until your current drink is empty but no hourly or daily limit unless you appear overly intoxicated.  

They are very strict about sharing and will cancel your package without refund if you are caught sharing drinks if that is what you are thinking.

When creating a topic please use a descriptive title so that the thread has meaning.  Something like "Question about drink package".

Blog create topic.jpeg

• Matt changed the title to Limited amount of drinks per day/hour when you have the adult drink package?
2 hours ago, Mygymjen said:

Does anyone know if there is a limited amount of drinks per day/hour when you have the adult drink package?

No, the only limit that exists is one drink per order. But you can place as many orders as you like.

19 hours ago, twangster said:

They are very strict about sharing and will cancel your package without refund if you are caught sharing drinks if that is what you are thinking.

Question about this - hubby and I will both have the drink package.  I mainly enjoy frozen fruity type drinks, hubby and I plan to try a bunch.  If they catch us sharing drinks or trying each others will that be a problem?  I would rather try his & if I don't like it not have to throw away a full drink and waste it & vice versa. 

10 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

If they catch us sharing drinks or trying each others will that be a problem? 

Yes, it is strictly against the rules to share drink package benefits.  You risk having your drink package benefits revoked with no refund.

15 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

Question about this - hubby and I will both have the drink package.  I mainly enjoy frozen fruity type drinks, hubby and I plan to try a bunch.  If they catch us sharing drinks or trying each others will that be a problem?  I would rather try his & if I don't like it not have to throw away a full drink and waste it & vice versa. 

If bartenders see you together both having the package and you try a few sips of each other's drink that isn't a problem. 

If you get a drink, disappear and 5 minutes later you are asking for another drink that becomes suspicious.  If it happens again and again it looks more suspicious.  

You or hubby can take both cards to a bar and ask for two drinks - that is very common (if you are in the pool for example and hubby goes to the bar).  They'll see both of you have the package it usually isn't a problem.  

Bartenders get to know people and their drink habits.  They see cruisers week after week, month after month.  It's pretty clear to them who is sneaking drinks to someone and who are couples covered by the package.  

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Yes, it is strictly against the rules to share drink package benefits.  You risk having your drink package benefits revoked with no refund.

Wow, thanks for the heads up.  I figured since we both had it we would be okay.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

If bartenders see you together both having the package and you try a few sips of each other's drink that isn't a problem. 

You or hubby can take both cards to a bar ad ask for two drinks - that is very common (if you are in the pool for example and hubby goes to the bar).  They'll see both of you have the package it usually isn't a problem.  

Bartenders get to know people and their drink habits.  They see cruisers week after week, month after month.  It's pretty clear to them who is sneaking drinks to someone and who are couples covered by the package.  

This is exactly what I meant - also - I'm a bartender myself, I would never try to screw them.

Just now, Matt said:

Ohhhhh, in that situation that's totally fine. I thought you meant your husband had the drink package and you did not.

Yes - I'm the main reason we are getting the package, lol.  He's normally fine with beer, it's me who enjoys all those frozen fruity drinks and told him it's a Caribbean vacation he needs to branch out.  

2 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

Yes - I'm the main reason we are getting the package, lol.  He's normally fine with beer, it's me who enjoys all those frozen fruity drinks and told him it's a Caribbean vacation he needs to branch out.  

A great benefit of the package is to try new things. 

I've sometimes got a drink at one bar and then didn't like it.  I went to another bar, slid the full drink across the bar and asked for another drink.  That clearly is not sharing or an attempt to.  

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

A great benefit of the package is to try new things. 

I plan to!  I'm more of a rum/vodka drinker.  He's mainly a beer or scotch guy.  We  plan to hit a beach at each port at some point so I don't anticipate hanging by the pool all that much.  We want to enjoy the ship and all it has to offer.  

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

You or hubby can take both cards to a bar and ask for two drinks - that is very common (if you are in the pool for example and hubby goes to the bar).  They'll see both of you have the package it usually isn't a problem. 

That makes me feel a lot better about the drink package. We have a 3 year old and a 10 year old, one of us will have to keep an eye on them at all times (say during your pool example), so I was really hoping I could just give my card to my wife and let her grab me a drink when she goes to get topped off....and I could stay with the kids.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure where that number came from because it's certainly not published as a rule.

We had a issue which came from us swapping ships, we should have been on the stricken Navigator from Southampton to Miami in November but due to everything going wrong with the ship etc, so instead of cancelling RC swapped us to the Oasis last minute, when we boarded we had lost our sale price package we booked on the navigator so after a meeting with the bar manager on the Oasis who happily matched the navigator price and then for some reason he ran through the Terms of the package and came out with that number, when I questioned this he said the system won’t allow more then 25..! Be interesting to know if this is correct from other ships..?

2 hours ago, Jason12 said:

I was told by the bar manager on the Oasis last November it’s 25 drinks in a 24 hour period..

That...that just sounds exhausting.

Anyways, if you both have the drink package there shouldn't be much of an issue if you are ever asked about sharing drinks.   

I can see that as a safety in the computer system preventing abuse.  Reaching 25 would either indicate a tendency to be solidly drunk or someone is sharing drinks.

On Carnival I only once hit their 15 drink daily limit.   

It's likely not published so people who are still finding a way to scam the system and share drinks don't know about it.  This way it catches them.  

38 minutes ago, PhantomWolf said:

Anyways, if you both have the drink package there shouldn't be much of an issue if you are ever asked about sharing drinks.   

Why would I ask about sharing? why would you mention sharing..? 

34 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

Yah I couldnt imagine going through 25 drinks in a day.  Even 25 sodas I dont think I could do.  Especially if the bars dont open until 11am, and go until 2am, that's 15 hours to put down 25 drinks.  I couldnt do it.  

25 alcoholic drinks in a week is about my limit ?

Something came up on my January cruise (Star Class), we were in Giovanni's and my wife was having wine, I was not drinking, the waiter kept coming by and topping her wine off, at the end of dinner when we were settling up, he asked for both of our sea pass cards, I must have looked at him strange or something because he answered back that he was going to split the drinks between the 2 of us instead of them all going on her card in a very short time period.

?Ok.

19 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Something came up on my January cruise (Star Class), we were in Giovanni's and my wife was having wine, I was not drinking, the waiter kept coming by and topping her wine off, at the end of dinner when we were settling up, he asked for both of our sea pass cards, I must have looked at him strange or something because he answered back that he was going to split the drinks between the 2 of us instead of them all going on her card in a very short time period.

?Ok.

Sounds like he charged for a full glass even though he just topped up.  Knowing your were * meant no questions but he gets the gratuity for each drink he charges.  Just a guess.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Sounds like he charged for a full glass even though he just topped up.  Knowing your were * meant no questions but he gets the gratuity for each drink he charges.  Just a guess.

She was happy by the end of dinner, her glass never went empty, he received an additional tip from me also.

2 hours ago, PhantomWolf said:
2 hours ago, PhantomWolf said:

Or challenging, two sides of the same coin.  More than a few of the bartenders tend to pour heavy if you tip - something to note in case you stand up and have rubber legs after two drinks.  I thought I might fall face first into the soup and drown one evening in the MDR.  Embarrassing because I needed to be sober to photograph the late show.

4 hours ago, ThyriC said:

Yah I couldnt imagine going through 25 drinks in a day.  Even 25 sodas I dont think I could do.  Especially if the bars dont open until 11am, and go until 2am, that's 15 hours to put down 25 drinks.  I couldnt do it.  

They serve Mimosa's, Bloody Mary's, and Bailey's with Coffee in the Windjammer for breakfast for those who want to start early.

Ummmm...  that's what I heard.?

4 hours ago, Jhibb68 said:

They serve Mimosa's, Bloody Mary's, and Bailey's with Coffee in the Windjammer for breakfast for those who want to start early.

This is true so many do start early but 25 still seems like a lot even with coffee, water and soda. 

7 hours ago, Jhibb68 said:

WHAT! I was already looking forward to giving my drinks package a work out, but I did not know there would be Mimosa's easily available at breakfast. This makes me very happy. 

I'm certain I've gotten though 25 drinks in a day before, Coffees, Sodas, Cocktails

On of the big nights they had on Anthem the Music hall was hiving, myself, the wife and a few couples we got talking to over the week decided to go all out that night.
The night was like the set up to a joke, an Englishman a Scotsman and an Irishman up at the bar, and we decided to try all the drinks on the menu to see which we liked best. Mine was the Old No. 7, much to the barman dismay as it takes about 5 minutes to make one properly. Fair play to the guy, those drinks where proper.

Next morning the crew where going though on of their drills, we where off on an early excursion, as we passed one of the stairwells we spotted the Barman from the previous night and said hello. He look at me and asked "How the hell are you still standing?"

Twas a good night :)

3 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

I'm certain I've gotten though 25 drinks in a day before, Coffees, Sodas, Cocktails

On of the big nights they had on Anthem the Music hall was hiving, myself, the wife and a few couples we got talking to over the week decided to go all out that night.
The night was like the set up to a joke, an Englishman a Scotsman and an Irishman up at the bar, and we decided to try all the drinks on the menu to see which we liked best. Mine was the Old No. 7, much to the barman dismay as it takes about 5 minutes to make one properly. Fair play to the guy, those drinks where proper.

Next morning the crew where going though on of their drills, we where off on an early excursion, as we passed one of the stairwells we spotted the Barman from the previous night and said hello. He look at me and asked "How the hell are you still standing?"

Twas a good night ?

Further off-topic....

I haven't drank since 2006, and have no plans/desire to ever again...but during my time in the service (and for a number of years after), 25 drinks in a day would not have been out of the ordinary.

In the early 90s, my first wife and I spent a long weekend in the Bahamas and did an evening booze cruise.  The next day, we did a snorkel/beach day and ended up with some of the same crew on the boat.  They were amazed that I wasn't in the hospital.