on ship spending

Todd W

My brother in law wants to track his consumption of drinks since it will be his first time having the deluxe package.   I know everything should get scanned and tracked on his account but will it be itemized or just show the "purchase" of a drink with a zero cost and the location he got it?   For the life of me i can't find my past invoice to clarify this.

Oh he doesn't want to limit his consumption by any means.  he is a brainiac techy guy who's nearly 60 yrs old an is just an oddball but i love him to death.  Since he's never had the deluxe package he was just looking for an easy way for him to see what all he gets during the cruise, nothing short of keeping it in notes on his phone.   i mentioned his ship invoice tracks everything scanned on the card but wasn't sure if that gave him the detailed info he wanted.

23 minutes ago, rjac said:

If I'm not mistaken, every time you order a drink, even with  a drink package, you get a receipt to sign and one to keep. He could keep a daily paper trail of his consumption. :27_sunglasses:

Not every time.  Thankfully on Navigator I only received paper copies when I exceeded the package limit and had a $1 charge.  They might have run out of paper otherwise...

1 hour ago, Todd W said:

I know everything should get scanned and tracked on his account but will it be itemized or just show the "purchase" of a drink with a zero cost and the location he got it? 

I just looked at my folio copy from may January cruise, the problem I see with trying to track via the folio is that some were entered as $0 cost, some were entered with the actual cost and then it was reversed out and then some were never entered in the system. As the bar tenders got to know my wife and I they would just ask what we wanted but then they would never take the card and run it.

23 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

As the bar tenders got to know my wife and I they would just ask what we wanted but then they would never take the card and run it.

Good bartenders remember your name and still run it using your name.  Their portion of the package gratuity is based on how many charges they post, so they run it using your name.  Saw this several times on Navigator last week.  In fact the bartender at Lime and Coconut remembered me from December and ran my name, never asking for the card all week.  

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not every time.  Thankfully on Navigator I only received paper copies when I exceeded the package limit and had a $1 charge.  They might have run out of paper otherwise...

They didn't print receipts on the Anthem either - I suspect that's the growing trend with the packages.  They will print one if you ask for it though.  I don't carry cash onboard, so I'll ask them to print to add extra gratuity.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Good bartenders remember your name and still run it using your name.  Their portion of the package gratuity is based on how many charges they post, so they run it using your name.  Saw this several times on Navigator last week.  In fact the bartender at Lime and Coconut remembered me from December and ran my name, never asking for the card all week.  

That is awesome that he remembered you (Since you are a bot). I saw the guy pecking around on the terminal but never thought of him doing it with a name or possibly a room number.

I checked the folio on the TV just to make sure it was all zero's, didn't actually count the number of drinks.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Well, how difficult can it be to remember "Twangster"?  ?

When we where on Anthem the Royal IQ app would track when a purchase was made for a drink under the drinks package, it just gave the location and a zero charge against it.
It was fun towards the end working out an estimate of how much we would have spent..... we did pretty well that trip lol

IMG_0419.PNG

On 3/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, rjac said:

If I'm not mistaken, every time you order a drink, even with  a drink package, you get a receipt to sign and one to keep. He could keep a daily paper trail of his consumption. :27_sunglasses:

When on Grandeur ..... never got any sort of receipt ....