Cococay beach bed

Doreen57

Welcome to the message boards!

I asked a future manager at Perfect Day about the pricing of cabanas and such.  He admitted they were higher initially but added they'll watch sales and adjust based on demand.

If few people buy them, prices will drop,  If they sell out quickly, prices will rise.  

It's all very new and being built as we speak.  Time will tell what other options appear and what the price point for them will be.

I have seen beach beds and cabanas offered randomly but briefly in the Cruise Planner for Coco Cay (on South Beach) in the areas outside of Perfect Day (the ones that have been previously available prior to perfect day).  I believe the chill island cabanas are new.  Also, there are the new cabanas in the water park area that include water park admission and the ones at the oasis pool but of course these are more expensive.  I am sure they are trying to sell their higher priced cabanas first or have some strategy as to why these other less expensive options aren't continually offered.  I have enjoyed them in the past but the low tides can reveal a lot of sea grass and other plant life which is not as enjoyable as viewing the ocean waters.  So, keep checking your cruise planner.

18 hours ago, JennyB said:

We have rented 'beach loungers for two" for our July trip...it's two beach loungers with a clamshell like folding "cover" for shade.  It was $35.

Oh that’s good to know there are some more reasonable options!  I’m only see $400 cabanas for my Feb trip.  So other cheaper options for shade will pop up, as it gets closer? 

2 hours ago, Linda216 said:

Oh that’s good to know there are some more reasonable options!  I’m only see $400 cabanas for my Feb trip.  So other cheaper options for shade will pop up, as it gets closer? 

For our July trip the clam shells tend to come and go on the planner.  2 weeks ago there were none, today they are offering them at $33. 

I don't know if my memory is failing or I am confusing it with Labadee, but I seem to recall they also offer beach beds and bungalows.  Both are cheaper than the Bungalow, but more expensive than the clam shell.  Bungalows can only hold 6, cabanas hold 8.  Cabanas also come with some other little perks compared to the bungalow.  I want to say the bungalows cost @200.

We took the cabana and pounced on it early on bc it was 449.  For 6 adults that came down to @75 pp.  This is our big splurge on the cruise.  I broke it down this way to get them to bite off on the idea.  There are only 14 cabanas.  It is on a secluded part of the beach that you can only gain entry if you have a cabana.  It comes with a personal cabana attendant.  Shade, sofas, lounge chairs and floating mats.  No need to bring bottle water or towels off the ship, just show up.  The cabana also has USB ports to play your own music.  We will be there for @ 6 hrs, thus the hrly break down was $12 per hr.    Once I placed that in their minds, everybody agreed 

Coco Cay is my favorite stop.  If it was just my hubby and I,  I would get the clam shell.  I never find the beach too crowded, but if you want shade, I find that hard to get.  I am going to assume it will be even less crowded on the beach side with Chill and Thrill being opened for your Feb. sailing.

22 hours ago, JennyB said:

We have rented 'beach loungers for two" for our July trip...it's two beach loungers with a clamshell like folding "cover" for shade.  It was $35.

When are you going in July?  We will be there on the 17th (Adventure) and our cruise planner is at 33.  I am asking only out of curiosity from a pricing aspect.  Just my opinion, but I think RCCL price points vary from a demand supply aspect..  IE maybe on a larger ship than Adventure they will up the price bc there will be more people, thus the demand is higher.  I belong on FB the Adventure page, and posters will say OMG the DBP is on sail for 44, I paid 47 so I go over to my cruise planner to see it is still at 52.  I realize later on that they are sailing a different week/month than me.

1 minute ago, Pima1988 said:

When are you going in July?  We will be there on the 17th (Adventure) and our cruise planner is at 33.  I am asking only out of curiosity from a pricing aspect.  Just my opinion, but I think RCCL price points vary from a demand supply aspect..  IE maybe on a larger ship than Adventure they will up the price bc there will be more people, thus the demand is higher.  I belong on FB the Adventure page, and posters will say OMG the DBP is on sail for 44, I paid 47 so I go over to my cruise planner to see it is still at 52.  I realize later on that they are sailing a different week/month than me.

We will be on there on the Navigator on the 10th.  And the beach lounger was actually $33...NOT $35 which is what i posted.

But also just make sure you are checking your own cruise planner.  Things will come and go from there for you depending on demand at the time (i believe). 

@Matt I noticed you said they moved the cabanas to the middle, and it comes with an exclusive lunch.  Where was the lunch?  They also say  something about Wacky Seagull and Wacky Seagull Jr. on the website,  is that only for cabanas?   What is the difference between the 2.  Soo many questions, my apologies, but since they have totally revamped the island, I am just trying to figure out this new layout.

6 hours ago, JennyB said:

We will be on there on the Navigator on the 10th.  And the beach lounger was actually $33...NOT $35 which is what i posted.

But also just make sure you are checking your own cruise planner.  Things will come and go from there for you depending on demand at the time (i believe). 

We're on the same sailing.  I bought the Beach Bed on sale about a month ago and now Beach Beds and Bungalows are no longer listed in the planner.  I'm guessing they are sold out?  Glad I jumped on the bed when I did!  Lol

16 hours ago, yzfmik said:

We're on the same sailing.  I bought the Beach Bed on sale about a month ago and now Beach Beds and Bungalows are no longer listed in the planner.  I'm guessing they are sold out?  Glad I jumped on the bed when I did!  Lol 

On our planner for 7/17 there are no beach beds or bungalows showing up on the cruise planner either so I am betting they are all sold out too.

Hi, sailing HOTS June 2019 Chill Island Cabanas started at 749 went as low as 549, all booked now. Super great map of the NEW ISLAND & location of cabanas  and with explanation of each food service at www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392 . I just rechecked and this works, way on the bottom is a beautifull map of the NEW setup on the island. Oh , I felt the BIG difference with the Chill Island Cabana is a combination lid lock for storage, & then as mentioned above a USB, cocktail table that houses conveniences like a personal speaker, private cooler stocked with water, towels, cabana attendant. I have read of a special food service as well as floats, but ours does NOT mention I get that. The clam shells Beach Loungers are all booked now got one at $37 FYI you buy one and two people can use/ sit\lounge in them , no indication of location of them though, probably due to construction since previous guests had mentioned the location was South Beach.

• 11 months later...