Repricing: US vs UK

Hey guys, so I was a lurker on the boards for about a year I'd say before I decided to create an account and start posting.

One thing I noticed in this time was the talk of booking a cruise now and then if the price comes down, reprice it and get it cheaper.

From what I can see this ins't something we can do in the UK and when we book we're locked in with the price/deal we got at the time.

Does anyone know why this is? Is this something specific within trading standards within the US that perhaps the UK doesn't have or is this country specific with Royal Caribbean and they have to allow or activate the ability to reprice without penalty

You cannot reprice same deal but you can ungrade or downgrade, example, we booked our Oasis cruise with free airfare but when the prices dropped we saved £500pp by buying our own flight and booking a GTY.. also deposits are non refundable if you cancel this is due to UK terms nothing to do with RC.

Just now, cmdrfrag said:

Wow, that a really good chunk of change.
Ok so we can still alter things about if prices change, thats good to know.

Cheers guys, that gives me something to think about

X that by 7 and it’s a massive saving for our family, and ironically we all ended up with a better balcony cabin than we first booked, we all booked boardwalk balcony and ended up with oceanview balcony ?

Yikes, that is a good saving you got then.

So, question, because we booked our during the "One Big Sale" are we able to reprice now that that's over? I take it we would lose whatever added Packages/incentives we got as part of our original booking 

1 minute ago, cmdrfrag said:

So, question, because we booked our during the "One Big Sale" are we able to reprice now that that's over? I take it we would lose whatever added Packages/incentives we got as part of our original booking 

Yes they remove any package you had if that deal as now ended, just like our free airfare deal we waited till that deal ended and then changed. I call it playing the game.

2 minutes ago, cmdrfrag said:

You will lose all added Packages/incentives unless they are offered again under a new sale and you will be repriced to the new rate being offered. 

Just now, Jason12 said:

Yes they remove any package you had if that deal as now ended, just like our free airfare deal we waited till that deal ended and then changed. I call it playing the game.

Remember I don’t think they will reprice your existing cabin you will need to swap cabin grades to get a new price..