Dinner in south beach - suggestions?

My husband and I are going on Symphony in April and flying down a day early to maimi. We're staying in south beach and want a good place for dinner. Everything I see online is about this Joe's stone crab place. It seems nice but my husband and I don't really eat crab, at least not in the shell how they serve it. Any other suggestions? No chain restaurants please. Also, I don't eat fish (he does). I will eat lobster and shrimp though! 

TIA

On 3/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, tiny260 said:

We went to Joe's Stone Crab in January and it is a very good restaurant and I would highly recommend it. They had steak, chicken and Lobster that I remember.

The only down side is that this is one of those Miami restaurants where you go to see and be seen.

Right. I was hoping something for a little more intimate and not full of tourists. 

If your going to SoBe and not going to Joes stone crab (regardless of whether you eat stone crab or not) you are missing out. The place is absolutely top notch and not necessarily filled with tourists at all. It would be good to give this place a try. Service and food are 10/10!

PS: if you have not had stone crab, it is the sweetest and most delicious crab especially with Joes mustard sauce! 

15 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

PS: if you have not had stone crab, it is the sweetest and most delicious crab especially with Joes mustard sauce! 

My husband said he would try it but something about those shells just freaks me out for some reason.

I also don't eat mustard so the crab seems pretty well out for me. I'll have to take another look at their menu. 

It's my husbands 30th so I'm trying to make it extra special and keep it between us. (Hence not wanting a very crowded or touristy place) 

4 hours ago, amathey11 said:

My husband said he would try it but something about those shells just freaks me out for some reason.

I also don't eat mustard so the crab seems pretty well out for me. I'll have to take another look at their menu. 

It's my husbands 30th so I'm trying to make it extra special and keep it between us. (Hence not wanting a very crowded or touristy place) 

Ok, yeah maybe Joes isn’t the place then. I live in Fort Lauderdale so Miami really isn’t my thing but I do know that finding a quiet and intimate dining experience in Miami might be difficult. Miami is loud and vibrant. Hopefully someone can steer you in a better direction for your husbands birthday. 

On 3/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Ok, yeah maybe Joes isn’t the place then. I live in Fort Lauderdale so Miami really isn’t my thing but I do know that finding a quiet and intimate dining experience in Miami might be difficult. Miami is loud and vibrant. Hopefully someone can steer you in a better direction for your husbands birthday. 

It doesn't have to be quiet but upscale, intimate and special are important. 

I'm just not feeling the right vibe from Joe's. Pictures remind me of a very old Italian restaurant here and pretty mid-level dining. 

Not a bad thing, just not the vibe I'm going for.