Firestick

2 minutes ago, SYRbob said:

You should be able to use your Firestick on the in cabin TV by plugging it into the USB on the side or back of the set.

There are several You Tube videos available to show how this is accomplished.

I know how to install and use it.  I just don't know why she would want it while we are on vacation and trying to "unplug"  haha

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I’ve never tried to do this myself but I have read that some people have difficulty getting to the USB port as some TV’s are mounted to the wall and cannot be moved.

That's what I recall seeing in other posts about having difficulty accessing the USB ports on the stateroom TVs

1 hour ago, SYRbob said:

Calling the TV channels available on a cruise ship awful would be a compliment.

If there is TV programing you enjoy the Firestick, Roku TV, HULU, or Netflix would be major improvements.

We have the Key for our sailing so we have surf and stream internet package.  So we will have access to our streaming services.

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Access to the HDMI input is the issue.  On some  ships that is impossible.  Both physical access and/or selecting the HDMI input as a source can be problematic.   

Yes, @twangster is correct and this is the bigger issue. In some cases it is physically impossible to connect to the TV's ports, and even if you do, the remote controls do not have a source input change option.