columbus cove bungalow versus Barefoot cabana

If this is not an Q or O class ship than everything I say below is mute.

One thing to remember is that at Barefoot beach the cabanas are opened to Star Class Suite guest first until about 2 weeks before the cruise then they are released to the Suite Concierge to book for suite guest. I have not seen Barefoot Beach cabanas on the Cruise Planner to book for my July cruise, but I will be on Q class ship. I was on Star Class in January and specifically asked my Genie how it would be handled, he stated the above mentioned information.

So I assume close to my July cruise I will contact the Anthem Genie and ask him/her to book a cabana if one is still available.

I was just searching the blog/boards for this exact topic, so will pile on...

We are taking a cruise to Labadee next March with my children and parents in 2 suites.  Are the barefoot beach cabanas open on the cruise planner, or do I just have to be super fast on the reply to the first concierge email that we receive?

The Barefoot cabanas are never available to book through the Cruise Planner that I have ever seen.  They are booked through the Genies and then through the suites concierge.  If I know for sure that I am going to want a cabana, I contact the suite concierge directly to let them know which one I want....and then again once the concierge reaches out to me.  I have not always gotten the cabana I wanted but I have always gotten a cabana.  As Tiny260 said, on the O and Q class ships, the Star Class pax have first choice.

I would keep your bungalow.  The aqua park is very close, as is the lunch area and bathrooms.  As far as a crowd, the bungalow attendants do a very good job of keeping non-bungalow guests out of that beach area.  I have never felt crowded at the bungalows.  

When you get off the ship and past the building at the end of the pier, there should be some guys in large golf carts parked there.  For a tip they will drive you directly to the bungalows.  Otherwise it's a long walk.  I am not sure what the other transportation options are, we have always used the golf carts.