Where to stay in FLL

cmm

Not really a recommendation but more on a heads up/review. 

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street which is a few mins from both the port, airport and the beach. The location was excellent for the port with free shuttle I believe, but the rooms are dated and the front desk was chaos.

I felt due to the rooms it was overpriced. Wanted $300 a night when I stayed, mid feb, I used Hilton points though and would never have booked with cash. Seems about the going rate for larger rooms to accommodate families in FLL though.

I did seem extreamly popular with cruisers and if you just want a half decent room with two doubles and a sofa bed, decent pool area and a two min ride to the port it might be worth a look.

I must mention, I have not stayed anywhere else if FLL so have nothing to compare with.

1 minute ago, Vagolferbob said:

The embassy suites has made to order breakfast and happy hour included. It is also near several restaurants within short walking distance. It also has a nice pool with waterfa ll.

Agreed the pool was really nice and location was excellent. Lots of shops nearby for last min items, TJ Max etc.

Without knowing your budget, I would say Embassy Suites. If your leaving on a “Sunday” in March you will be lucky to get a Motel 6 branded hotel for under $300/night due to Spring Break. My advise would be to check the Dania Pointe area off Sterling Road for something like the Hilton Garden Inn. If money is no object, let me know and I will point you in the right direction for whatever you would like.

We have stayed (and are planning to stay again this September) at the Fairfield Inn & Suites (by Marriott) at 2081 Griffin Road (it's technically listed as Dania Beach).  It's not too far from Port Everglades but is right off of I-95, so hopping back on to head south to Miami will be convenient. It was only about $115 a night both times and was exactly what we needed, a clean, convenient and comfortable place to spend the night.  Admittedly there isn't much in easy distance, although a Wendy's is basically in the parking lot.