Luggage when embarkation ???

Anything you want to use prior to about 4-5pm on embarkation, you'll want that in your carryon.  Also remember you'll be carrying whatever you carryon with you from 10am to 1pm if you embark as early as is possible.  So you want that luggage bin approved carryon luggage?  Its coming with you all through the ship as you explore, go eat something, go to the pool, etc.  

I recommend your carryon be something the size of a backpack and MAYBE a tote bag at the most.  When you start dragging luggage all through the ship, I think it winds up dragging you down for 3 hours.  

Also remember any wine or a 12 pack of soda/water that you want to bring, MUST be in your carryon luggage.  So consider the weight of that as well if you bring 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of soda.  That's a pretty heavy load and that's before you add anything like swimwear, medications, change of clothing, etc.

3 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

Also remember you'll be carrying whatever you carryon with you from 10am to 1pm if you embark as early as is possible.  So you want that luggage bin approved carryon luggage?  Its coming with you all through the ship as you explore, go eat something, go to the pool, etc.  

The one exception being if you have purchased The Key, where they will take carry on luggage directly to your room and you can get to it after 1pm. But you'd still want to keep anything valuable or necessary with you. This won't apply to many, but it's one of the perks I did like.