Grandeur of the Seas - Dry Dock March 2019

I hear that there is a dry dock for Grandeur of the Seas over the next 2-3 weeks. Does anyone have an idea what is going to happen in this dry dock--like any minor or major renovations or will this just be for maintenance? I am going onboard this ship in the near future and I am just curious of what is happening during this dry dock.

22 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Strictly maintenance, plus, replace some carpeting .... as for the major over hall, I'm hearing the latter half of April. (there are bookings available in March & early April)

Latter half of April of which year? I wish you could sort by date on Royal's site as it's sort of difficult to easily see the sailing gaps. 

1 minute ago, spiralqueen said:

Thank you! Btw quick note, your passion for Lady G is one of the reasons I'm super excited to try her out for Thanksgiving this year (well, that and the price!).

Thank YOU!!!!  She's our Happy Place ..... Does she have all the bells & whistles of the newer ships?  Nope, but in our eyes, that's a good thing ...... it's just the two of us, so, the fewer kids, the better in terms of our ability to just relax.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:12 PM, Hoski said:

So I looked at Royal's website and the pictures of the cabins look awesome but all the passenger photos look nothing like that.  It's kind of deceptive.

I think they use the same photos fleet wide as samples of what you can expect with the different classes .... I call them stock photos.  As for deceptive?  unless there's a disclaimer saying there may be differences from the picture -- I can't disagree with that thought process.

Glad to hear she get some work done. As you see she was my second home. We sailed her 5 times because so close to my house. However, not sure I will sail her again because of not much for my son who is 6 years old to do. I wish RC put some slide or splash away for kids on her. 

• 9 months later...