Wow Bands

I am interested in buying a wow bands for my mom and I once onboard but I would like to know how exactly do the wowbands work. I know that they replace your seapass card when on the ship, but can I use the wow bands to get on and off the ship?

I will be on Harmony next month and I would like to know where do I purchase the WOWbands? 

If there is anyone that uses this disscussion board and has tried the wow bands before that would like to tell me some useful and helpful information about how the WOWbands work.

i have purchased the soda package and booked shows for both of us and would like to know how do the bartenders and waiters know if my mom or I order a soda using the wowband? Is it stated on our seapass account? Stated on the WOW bands? 

I have also booked shows and would also like to know how employees letting the people in to the show that my mom and I had and booked shows?

1 hour ago, Bakerette said:

I have also booked shows and would also like to know how employees letting the people in to the show that my mom and I had and booked shows?

They have mobile card/band readers to scan your card or wowband and determine if you have reservations or not.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:48 AM, JohnK6404 said:

I would love to see RC expand these bands to at least all Quantum and Oasis class ships and newly amped ships.

I love the way these bands work at Disney World!

is there any indication the wow bands are going to be added to the Oasis class ships?  I don't want to deal with the seapass card while at the pool while in swim trunks.  I found that to be a nuisance while on NCL.  Is there a suggestion as to a holder that can go on my arm while swimming or something?  This is not a "will ruin vacation" kind of thing, just easier to deal with.

I used the Disney band while at the parks and it was so convenient to have.  Fingers crossed!

5 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

is there any indication the wow bands are going to be added to the Oasis class ships? 

I do not know personally... I believe only Quantum class plus Harmony & Symphony offer the use of the WOW bands.

Hopefully someone with more recent knowledge can chime in... not that it would impact my decision of which ship to sail, but it would be nice to know the complete list as of now...

21 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

I do not know personally... I believe only Quantum class plus Harmony & Symphony offer the use of the WOW bands.

Hopefully someone with more recent knowledge can chime in... not that it would impact my decision of which ship to sail, but it would be nice to know the complete list as of now...

right, wont influence which ship to sail at all.  Just would be nice fleet wide

18 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Just would be nice fleet wide

It will never be fleet wide. 

The cost to replace all door locks and add the technology to communicate them would be significant.  Royal is spending hundreds of millions on the Royal Amplification program and not putting new locks on every cabin door on those ships.  Adding RFID readers for a Wow band but still requiring magnetic SeaPass card to unlock the cabin door is pointless.  

I'm fine with that and would much rather they continue to do what they did on Navigator over diverting money away from other ship upgrades just so I can wear a Wow band.

19 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Yep, Quantum class plus Harmony & Symphony.  Spectrum presumably.

19 hours ago, DublinFC said:

is there any indication the wow bands are going to be added to the Oasis class ships? 

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Oasis later this year.  indications are that Oasis will get a Bionic Bar which uses RFID card readers to work.  They either add RFID cards which is all a Wow band is (RFID bracelet) or they have to adapt Bionic bar to use a magnetic card swipe.  

My foggy crystal ball thinks Oasis will be Wow enabled but that is pure speculation on my part.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It will never be fleet wide. 

The cost to replace all door locks and add the technology to communicate them would be significant.  Royal is spending hundreds of millions on the Royal Amplification program and not putting new locks on every cabin door on those ships.  Adding RFID readers for a Wow band but still requiring magnetic SeaPass card to unlock the cabin door is pointless.  

I'm fine with that and would much rather they continue to do what they did on Navigator over diverting money away from other ship upgrades just so I can wear a Wow band.

I see what ya mean and I get it.  more fun factor over convenience will most likely win out every time.  RC adding the slides to ships and having more to do is probably going to bring in more customers over a wrist band.

Also, I hope your crystal ball is right.  I'd still like that little convenience :)

I don't think anybody is exactly pining for RC to reinstall door locks with RFID, they just want the option of these bands on every RC ship. I find nothing wrong with this as long as the passengers realize that it isnt a substitution for room keys or departing the ship at ports. Personally I cannot wait to get a hold of these for me and my family when we hit Harmony in June, being able to keep the seapass card in my wallet/bag while just swiping my wrist to get drinks, pay for services, etc. sounds fantastic.

The $5 price for them seems to be even cheaper than most lanyards many people buy for their seapass card anyway.

1 hour ago, nanowerx said:

Personally I cannot wait to get a hold of these for me and my family when we hit Harmony in June, being able to keep the seapass card in my wallet/bag while just swiping my wrist to get drinks, pay for services, etc. sounds fantastic.

It doesn't work out too well at bars.  Taking the band off to hand it over to the bartender gets old.  The original concept was that readers would reach guests but it never seems to work out that way.  Using them to unlock the cabin door is the biggest use case, especially after doing the water slides.  Some people with sensitivities to silicone have issue with the bands.  

They are cool and looked great on paper.  They are "just okay bands", not "Wow! bands".    

My wife and I were on Harmony about a month ago.  We purchased the WOW Bands ($5 each). We loved opening our Stateroom door with them instead of fumbling for the sea pass card.  Our muster drill location was the Aqua Theater and they scanned our Wow Bands to check us in.  We made advance reservations for the evening shows, and if you arrive on time, they have people with tablets that will scan the WOW Bands.  You still need to take your Sea pass Cards (each person) when you get off the ship in port.  We only had the soda drink package, so can't help you with any details about WOW Bands and drinks.

I ask this question before our Harmony sailing, and Matt was kind enough to share this with me:  Go to Boleros on the Royal Promenade to purchase your WOW Bands as soon as you get on Harmony.  Quick and easy.  We felt it was well worth the $5 each.  By the way, save them and RC will re-program them on the next cruise (assuming the ship has the technology).

Have a great Cruise!  Wish I was going with you...

26 minutes ago, dobbsa said:

My wife and I were on Harmony about a month ago.  We purchased the WOW Bands ($5 each). We loved opening our Stateroom door with them instead of fumbling for the sea pass card.  Our muster drill location was the Aqua Theater and they scanned our Wow Bands to check us in.  We made advance reservations for the evening shows, and if you arrive on time, they have people with tablets that will scan the WOW Bands.  You still need to take your Sea pass Cards (each person) when you get off the ship in port.  We only had the soda drink package, so can't help you with any details about WOW Bands and drinks.

I ask this question before our Harmony sailing, and Matt was kind enough to share this with me:  Go to Boleros on the Royal Promenade to purchase your WOW Bands as soon as you get on Harmony.  Quick and easy.  We felt it was well worth the $5 each.  By the way, save them and RC will re-program them on the next cruise (assuming the ship has the technology).

Have a great Cruise!  Wish I was going with you...

Score heading to Bolero’s and buying them,  make sure you aren’t in a room where they are provided. We were in a junior suite on Harmony and didn’t think they’d be included. But when we got to our room there was a full set. So each of us had two.