Best excursion for Cozumel?

Jacobwlynn

This will be my wife and I first cruise. We're on Oasis of the Seas in April. We have Mr Sancho's booked but looks like there will be 8 ships in Port on the day we are there. I heard they pack that place so we're not sure if we want to do that. What do you all suggest? Thank you so much for the responses.

3 minutes ago, Jacobwlynn said:

This will be my wife and I first cruise. We're on Oasis of the Seas in April. We have Mr Sancho's booked but looks like there will be 8 ships in Port on the day we are there. I heard they pack that place so we're not sure if we want to do that. What do you all suggest? Thank you so much for the responses.

Mr. Sanchos only allows a certain amount of people and usually sells out quickly so if you were able to get a booking I would definitely stick with it.

If you are into snorkeling the Fury catamaran snorkel is a good bang for your buck.

I'll chime in as I was just in Cozumel and just did Mr Sanchos.....

STAY with Mr Sanchos....It's fantastic!

We had reservations about doing an excursion not through the ship.  We were worried about taxi service and such.  Well, taxis in Cozumel were super easy to get....They line up right outside the port.  And they're lined up right outside Mr Sanchos when you're ready to return.  And they're obviously all one company or controlled somehow....Really no concerns.  I think the cost was $18 each way plus tip.

As for Mr Sanchos, it was the best beach day I've ever had.  We got there at 9:00 AM and were assigned a server for the day as soon as we walked in who led us to a palapa area by the ocean....Our server was Sauri.  He handed us a menu and said he'd get us whatever we needed all day and he was true to his word.  We probably had 20 various frozen drinks, all kinds of nachos, tacos, shrimp (the coconut shrimp is to die for!) and a few other things.  Plus there are buffets you can walk up to and get food whenever you want.  There's pools, a great ocean, many activities....Really a perfect beach day IMO.  And all that for $50 a person.....Couldn't beat it.

So I'd suggest keeping that reservation.  There were a lot of people there but it spreads out pretty well and I never felt too crowded.  And I think they might limit people to around 450 but don't quote me on that.

Just a fun day and if I'm ever back to Cozumel, that's where I'm heading.