Photo package questions

I don't see a lot of question or talk about the photo package, so I'm guessing it isn't a very popular option? I have a few questions on it:

1. Is the photo package worth it?

2. Do you need to schedule the photos or go to a certain spot for them, or are there impromptu photo opportunities also?

3. If our group of 6 is separated, and a photo is taken, will that photo be included in all of the photos, or is it only linked to one person  and that person would need to be there?

32 minutes ago, Joe Stahl said:

1. Is the photo package worth it?

If you take the time to take enough questions it is absolutely worth it.

33 minutes ago, Joe Stahl said:

2. Do you need to schedule the photos or go to a certain spot for them, or are there impromptu photo opportunities also?

No scheduling required, just show up. 90% of photo opportunities are in the evening in Centrum/Promenade.

33 minutes ago, Joe Stahl said:

3. If our group of 6 is separated, and a photo is taken, will that photo be included in all of the photos, or is it only linked to one person  and that person would need to be there?

My understanding is whoever buys the photo package if they are in the photo it's included.  I'm sure if I bought it and my kids were in a photo it would be included if I asked.  It may be different with uncle Tony.

Following since I’m also curious about the packages.  

I’d also like to ask if anyone knows what Megapixel quality the photos are on the USB? Is it good enough to have larger prints on canvases made once we get home?  

We went on a ship a few years ago and had a photo shoot done when our twins were babies. It was cheaper to buy these prints rather than pay for a professional session at home. It was also nice to have unlimited pictures taken with different backdrops and poses, then decide later which ones to have.  The problem with this is, the more we had taken, the more I liked and couldn’t choose between!! So if you are indecisive like me, the package is worth it. Last time we bought 4 of the same backdrop but with different poses to display in a big frame all together.

You can have them taken at different locations around the ship and just show up, most are in the evening all over the main areas of the ship, some with backdrops with different colours or images, others which show off areas of the ship like fancy staircases or near the royal promanade if it has one. They’ll take pictures as you get on and off with people dressed up or with the ship in the background as well as in the dining room, at times on attractions like the florider or on certain shore excursions if you go on them. 

It’s officially everyone in the same cabin who can be in the pictures included (either individually or all together), but I think probably at the discretion of each photographer, they would allow pictures of  larger group as long as the person who had paid for the package is in the picture. You could try handing over the seapass card for the photographer to scan that the package was purchased on, then have individuals taken of people in both 2 cabins put onto your seapass account if you do lots at the same time, Not sure if this would work! 

We did the photo package on a 14 night cruise last year we ended up with 384 photos on a USB they were all formatted to 8" x 10“ the same as they sell on board so the only thing to be aware of is they don't print off very well if you try to print them smaller. We were well impressed with ours and as its only the 2 of us was really nice to have some good quality pics of us together. We will definitely be getting one on our next cruise