Birthdays on the Cruise

We will be sailing in 30 days on our first Royal Caribbean cruise.  We have previously sailed on Carnival and Holland America.  My daughter turns 15 while we are on the ship.  Is there anything offered to help with birthday celebrations?  I would love to hear if anyone else has experience with this.

The travel agents will add the comments to the reservation but I highly recommend talking to the dining room staff ahead of time to notify them so they can bring something special (usually a small cake).  I have found that recently the notes on the reservations do not really lead to any results.  

For my son's 15th birthday last year, I went to guest services to have a cake made.  They brought the cake our for dinner and the wait staff sang to him.  The cake was big and we had it for dessert over 2 nights since our waiter stored it for us.  You can also just ask your waiter to put a candle in dessert for her and sing which would be free.  

I brought a few decorations from Etsy including a personalized birthday door magnet.  You can also purchase a birthday package on the cruise compass.  

I took the advice of another thread and messaged Royal Caribbean on Facebook to ask them directly.  She took down my reservation number and then noted it on there, but then messaged me back to say that they will surprise her with room decorations and a cake- even asked if she like vanilla or chocolate!  That was beyond my expectations!

They charge a fortune for room decorations so I would take some and either sneak back to the cabin and decorate or tip your room attendant if he has time to do it.  For free they will put a candle in your daughter's dessert and sing or you can order a cake.  I was recently told that a lot of the guests are celebrating special occasions so don't expect the cruise line to do it for free or to remember.  But I've also heard that Royal will provide a free celebration but I would take something or order something for a backup.