HOS April 28th Mock booking report

I did a few mock bookings this morning.

2 interior available

12 ocean view

8 boardwalk balcony

10 ocean view balcony

0 suites.

Odd thing is outside view rooms are cheaper than interior at the moment. My OCD keeps making me check every few days to get a feel for odds of Royal up (near zero I know) but I still check. 

In my opinion, backed up by absolutely no scientific research, RoyalUp is a means of RC to provide an upgrade for last minute cancellations or room changes. 

Being offered RoyalUp does not mean there are any actual cabins available to move up to. In fact more often than not, there are no rooms to move up to. It's a program to have in place "just in case".

I agree the Royal up is just a last minute money grab, I never bothered to check on any other cruises to see how many cabins were available as the cruise got closer. It will be interesting to see if the cabins available changes to any degree over the next few weeks, or if they only show a few cabins available to make people book sooner because they are "almost" out of cabins. 

I guess I am in the minority here.  I do not really see this as a money grab by Royal except from the aspect that they are now getting paid for what used to be free upgrades.

It SEEMS to be a fairly efficient program to ensure that any last minute vacancies are filled by people who are willing to pay for an upgrade.  Truly, I see this as a win-win scenario.  Royal is selling any remaining cabins and people are getting upgrades at a discount.  Everyone is happy !

I have been the recipient of free upgrades in the past and I really enjoyed it but I don't feel that anyone is entitled to a free upgrade.

I have read, several different places, that the high level C&A members are upset b/c they used to be the beneficiaries of the "free" upgrades.  But, at least in my case, that was not the true.  I am NOWHERE near the top of the C&A pyramid and I have been upgraded for free twice.  I certainly don't expect it will ever happen again and it was nice when it happened but I don't see why Royal would give something away that they could sell instead. I don't actually believe that it was ever true that the high level C&A members were getting all the freebie upgrades.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess I am in the minority here.  I do not really see this as a money grab by Royal except from the aspect that they are now getting paid for what used to be free upgrades.

It SEEMS to be a fairly efficient program to ensure that any last minute vacancies are filled by people who are willing to pay for an upgrade.  Truly, I see this as a win-win scenario.  Royal is selling any remaining cabins and people are getting upgrades at a discount.  Everyone is happy !

I have been the recipient of free upgrades in the past and I really enjoyed it but I don't feel that anyone is entitled to a free upgrade.

I have read, several different places, that the high level C&A members are upset b/c they used to be the beneficiaries of the "free" upgrades.  But, at least in my case, that was not the true.  I am NOWHERE near the top of the C&A pyramid and I have been upgraded for free twice.  I certainly don't expect it will ever happen again and it was nice when it happened but I don't see why Royal would give something away that they could sell instead. I don't actually believe that it was ever true that the high level C&A members were getting all the freebie upgrades.

I tend to agree with what you said, Raye.  I guess my point is just because one is offered a RoyalUp opportunity does not mean there actually is an upgrade opportunity.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:38 AM, ama537621 said:

I did a few mock bookings this morning.

2 interior available

12 ocean view

8 boardwalk balcony

10 ocean view balcony

0 suites.

Odd thing is outside view rooms are cheaper than interior at the moment. My OCD keeps making me check every few days to get a feel for odds of Royal up (near zero I know) but I still check. 

I submitted a Royal Up bid. The day before the ship sailed, I got an email stating that my upgrade request could not be met. I received it exactly one day before sailing!