Coffee package

LindaN

The Coffee card includes premium coffee from Cafe Promenade or any specialty restaurant or dining room.

It does not include coffee at a Starbucks kiosks, which are on Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony or Navigator.

With the coffee card you can still get a latte, macchiato or white chocolate mocha, just not from a freestanding Starbucks kiosk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, DebB said:

Is a coffee card worth it?  I don’t mind drinking regular coffee that’s provided free, but Disney’s regular coffee was horrendous!  How is the RCCL coffee (we’ll be on the Radiance)?

depends...are you purchasing any of the other drink packages?  do you like regular brewed coffee?  I had a couple cups of it on each cruise, and it's not offensive when i remember it's "just brewed coffee".

Hi JennyB, thanks for the response. Yes, I like regular brewed coffee. I’m not the Starbucks type, more the Dunkin Donuts type. ?  I have a Keurig at home and go for the medium roasts. And I haven’t decided on any other drink packages. Unlikely, since I don’t drink a lot of soda or alcohol. The Disney free coffee was either a very light roast or it was watered down. 

We used the coffee card and it was nice (well depend on the ship) you can get different kind of coffees , some ships will charge you per espresso shoot , some have another system.

The nice thing about the card is that you allow to share it with other (as they punch it for each drink) and as far as I remember if you did not used all of it you can bring it to your next cruise.   

We have done the coffee card in the past. Now we get the refreshment package which gives you premium coffees, bottled water, fresh o.j. soda, & Powerade.  So much cheaper than buying 4 coffee cards. We would run out  and buy 2 more on short cruises.   And it pays for itself with everything you get  especially when you get the pkg. on sale.  We both go thru 6-8 bottles of water a day alone.  Keeping hydrated on a cruise is so important.  Unfortunately many do not.  It is not a pleasant experience to go thru. Been there done that.  Never again.

On 3/24/2019 at 2:33 PM, DebB said:

Is a coffee card worth it?  I don’t mind drinking regular coffee that’s provided free, but Disney’s regular coffee was horrendous!  How is the RCCL coffee (we’ll be on the Radiance)?

On our last cruise, before everybody in the same cabin had to be on a drink package, I had the refreshment pkg and I got a coffee card for my wife. My wife isn't a big coffee drinker, although she does like a "good" coffee. The card was perfect for her one to two cups a day. Lasted the entire cruise.

I on the other hand drink a lot of beverages all day, so the beverage pkg was best for me. The advantage of unlimited bottled water on the drink pkg was also a big plus. I always stopped at a bar on my way back to our cabin and grabbed  a few to keep the minifridge stocked. You could always get two without them blinking an eye and most often they suggested it.

8 minutes ago, FManke said:

On our last cruise, before everybody in the same cabin had to be on a drink package, I had the refreshment pkg and I got a coffee card for my wife. My wife isn't a big coffee drinker, although she does like a "good" coffee. The card was perfect for her one to two cups a day. Lasted the entire cruise.

I on the other hand drink a lot of beverages all day, so the beverage pkg was best for me. The advantage of unlimited bottled water on the drink pkg was also a big plus. I always stopped at a bar on my way back to our cabin and grabbed  a few to keep the minifridge stocked. You could always get two without them blinking an eye and most often they suggested it.

just to clarify everyone doesn't need to be on the refreshment package that only applies to alcohol package.. If you still want the refreshment but your wife doesn't that is perfectly fine. 

Just now, AGSLC5 said:

just to clarify everyone doesn't need to be on the refreshment package that only applies to alcohol package.. If you still want the refreshment but your wife doesn't that is perfectly fine. 

Thanks for correcting that. I thought it had been changed to all pkg.

I wanted to make my own coffee!  Bought a tiny one-serving pod machine, then discovered they’re not allowed on the ship. Bummer. Not sure I’m into instant, though......

28 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I bring my own coffee. Just get steamed milk and pour! Voila!! Authentic Caffè Veneziano con Latte!!

• 4 years later...